Attn: HVS Tony. A few questions, if you have the time.

#1Aile_WingPosted 5/15/2010 3:32:03 PM
Before I begin I'd like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to look over the topics here on GameFAQ's. Myself and many others really appreciate the fact that you all at HVS really do care and listen to your fans.

1.) How many more multiplayer maps will Conduit 2 have compared to The Conduit? I'm sure that you can't reveal the exact number, especially since I'm convinced that maps are being worked on as I type this, but would you say about the same or significantly more?

2.) Is the ability to pass through other players in multiplayer going to remain or will it be removed? I ask this because this provided some irritating moments, such as sneaking up on an opponent only to have him walk backwards and pass through you, thereby revealing your location. I'd understand if teammates could pass through each other, but not opponents.

3.) With the talk of removing lock-on in all multiplayer modes or having "hardcore" modes without it, I have to ask if Conduit 2 will feature increased reaction time from the Wiimotes movements. After playing Modern Warfare: Reflex for quite some time and coming back to The Conduit, I realized that the reaction time in The Conduit was slower than that in Reflex. I don't believe that it is too much of a problem with lock-on, but it does make a difference without lock-on, which was a feature that Reflex did not have. After playing some matches in The Conduit without relying on lock-on, I found that I could kill others, but that the slower reaction time increased the difficulty of killing. Will such a thing be improved in Conduit 2?

Thank you for your time.
-Aile
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/15/2010 4:10:02 PM
1: I'm going to guess at at least twice as many maps. I hope for more.
2: I agree.
3: turn up your sensitivity. NOT turn speed, but sensitivity. Both The Conduit and MWR have a dial for response time/twitch filtering.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#3Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2010 4:28:40 PM
I'm not talking about the sensitivity, though. The sensitivity affects how far the crosshairs move in relation to the movements made by the player. I'm talking about the reaction time, which is how quickly the game moves the crosshairs when the player makes any movements.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/15/2010 4:34:40 PM
That's just it; that's what the sensitivity setting does. It doesn't multiply the crosshair's location, it makes it respond to smaller actions faster.
Try it.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2010 7:25:02 PM
Ok, look. You know the Wiimote does not capture movements instantly, right? There is a delay between when the player moves the Wiimote and when the crosshairs on the screen move. It has nothing to do with how far the crosshairs move in relation to the Wiimote being moved. Wii Motion Plus allows any motions to affect the crosshairs in real time, or instantly. Since HVS has said that Wii Motion Plus is still up in the air, I would like to know if they have improved or plan to improve on capturing motions from The Conduit.
---
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/15/2010 7:58:53 PM
Okay...
1: there is ALWAYS a delay in EVERY controller. ALWAYS.
2: Framerate effects this more than hardware. Look it up.
3: TRY IT. Set the cursor sensitivity to 1, and hold the cursor at one end of the screen, then the other. Now do that on 100.
4: Wii Motion Plus allows the wiimote to detect motion more accurately, not more quickly. That's why it's used for non-pointer motion.
5: Seriously, look it up. Wii gets no more latency than any wireless controller. It's actually a good read if you find the right article. There's one that lists actual ms response for several games, including CoD4 and Halo.
---
#7SaintXSPosted 5/16/2010 4:40:24 AM
If lock on is still in the game, there should be a private match setting to disable it.
---
xS:Saint!-
1084-6779-8101
#8Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2010 6:48:34 AM
To DarkZV2Beta: From what I understood, Wii Motion Plus allows one-to-one motion detecting, meaning that there is a delay between command inputted and command received. I know that there is a small amount of delay for every controller, but seeing how Modern Warfare had less of a delay, then HVS can improve on this. Maybe I'm not clearly explaining what I'm talking about. To see for you yourself join any match and then leave. As the game is disconnecting you, you'll notice that the menu cursor will appear the screen. If you point to a certain location, the cursor will reach that spot first, and then the crosshairs will reach that location. This clearly has nothing to do with sensitivity since the cursor and the crosshairs share the same sensitivity setting. The reason why the crosshairs are slower might be because the gun model on the screen can only move so quickly. Whatever the case, I'm hoping it can and will be improved.
---
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/16/2010 8:23:05 AM
TRY IT.
TRY IT.
I know what you're saying. You're just wrong. The 1:1 motion thing has to do with detecting the actual motion of the remote and not just the pointer/if it's moving and in what general direction. Nothing to do with timing.
Now, go and turn that setting to 1, then 100. See?
---
#10HVSTony(VIP)Posted 5/16/2010 8:53:57 AM
Honestly, some questions I don't have answers for and some questions we just aren't answering yet.

They are all very valid concerns and we ARE looking into all of them :)

-Tony