In my opinion symmetrical maps are bland...

#1Aile_WingPosted 5/17/2010 1:22:12 PM
... but I don't think that there's no reason to have none at all. What I do enjoy about symmetrical maps is the balance that can easily come with it, and I think that's why some people really like them. I'd like some symmetrical maps if they were designed with clan wars and incredibly competitive matches in mind. I think these type of matches really shine in those type of battles. What do you guys think?
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#2UltimateFlame13Posted 5/17/2010 2:16:38 PM
I think it would be nice to have both symmetrical and asymmetrical.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Monster Hunter Tri- Name: Raganhar. Lance/Hammer User
#3Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 5/17/2010 3:43:09 PM
I want both symmetrical and asymmetrical. I don't think the problem was so much the fact that the maps were symmetrical that was the problem; it was the fact that they looked exactly the same on both sides. You can change up the textures/scenery and still have a symmetrical map.
#4SupahShnipaPosted 5/17/2010 3:49:12 PM
What you have to do is make symmetrical maps that don't feel symmetrical. Like sprinkle random environment pieces and slightly change the map so that it is still fair but is different enough to feel asymmetrical. Plus the textures and look of the map should be different.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/17/2010 3:50:29 PM
False Symmetry plox!
#6incognito3Posted 5/17/2010 3:53:54 PM
i think they need a good mix of both like the above have said but make some slightly asymmetrical maps with both sides having advantages in some areas where the other doesnt.
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official bowgun user.Baroth armor ftw
Call me Incognito(3), Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please.
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/18/2010 1:14:26 AM
I think the focus should be on making good maps, not on how symmetrical they are.
Also, most good CTF maps have identical sides with different coloured lights.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#801slayerPosted 5/18/2010 1:12:11 PM
Do any of you realize asymmetrical maps would result in an unfair advantage for Team Objective? And if there isn't Team Objective, Slayer01 will have rage.
---
The Conduit FC: 4640-6730-3909/3008-7863-1605
Pokemon Heart Gold FC: 4082 7699 2481
#9jje116Posted 5/18/2010 1:23:12 PM
maps like blood gulch are cool, not quite symmetrical, but close enough that it's not unbalanced
---
Holy Jeezus!
#10DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/18/2010 2:06:13 PM
Who says everything will be on the same map?
They could even double up and invert asymmetrical maps to make symmetrical ones, and have open doors between the sides that appear closed in DM/non team games.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.