Prone?

#1SupahShnipaPosted 5/18/2010 4:01:30 PM
Will we be able to go prone? Real snipers go prone, it's BA.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#2Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 5/18/2010 4:29:40 PM
Hmm... Going prone would be kind of cool I guess, but I don't know what you would go prone in. The jungle level might have grass, but for the most part I'm guessing prone would be kind of ineffective.
#3CelticLink94Posted 5/18/2010 4:30:24 PM
I hope not, that makes it seem too tactical. If people can go prone, they are more likely to camp IMO. If they can only crouch, then they are still perfectly visible.
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#4UltimateFlame13Posted 5/18/2010 5:00:58 PM
Maybe, prone doesn't seem necessary in this kind of shooter though.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Monster Hunter Tri- Name: Raganhar. Lance/Hammer User HR: 20
#5dragon12844Posted 5/18/2010 5:38:06 PM
its fine without prone they just need to make it so you dont have to hold a button to crouch
---
brawl:4052-1527-6415/ the conduit:3094-4844-4398/Mh3 Phyd89
mkwii:2277-7046-8686/strikers:236397 436666
#6SupahShnipa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2010 5:48:09 PM
Camping is a legimate strategy...
Going prone isn't just to hide, it to make you harder to hit. It's easy to hit someone crouching or standing, but if you go prone there is less of you to hit.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/18/2010 6:05:36 PM
You also stop movong and put your head ahead of the rest of your body, making for an easy mark.
Prone has no use in this game
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#8Gami97Posted 5/22/2010 4:47:15 AM
when your prone your supposed to be sniping and NOT be seen by the enemy. You aren't supposed to go prone unless you are some ways away or in tall grass where your not visible.
---
"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" Homer Simpson
#9incognito3Posted 5/22/2010 10:05:52 AM
i think it really depends on how long a body stays in one spot after death b/c in COD bodies stay around for quite some time. That gives you a better advantage because an enemy might just walk right passed you thinking you are a dead body. OR they might just obliterate you while you are down becuase they see your head up... >.>
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official bowgun user.Baroth armor ftw
Call me Incognito(3), Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please.
#10BlaeuPosted 5/22/2010 10:43:38 AM
Being able to go prone is not what determines if people camp or not. Weapon selection, health, level layout, etc. all play a much bigger role. Plus, in all objective modes camping, or defending, is a very good strategy (I still think it is stupid in TDM).

In games that require more shots to kill, going prone doesn't mean a whole lot. Going prone is more about stealth and concealing yourself and in Tcon, Con2, and Halo (similar games) stealth isn't a big deal.

I disagree about it making it a tactical game though, as any competitive match is a tactical game. You just end up using different tactics. I mean in TCon the radar was ALWAYS on, so prone or not they would know where you were. But, knowing when to move, what weapons to use, etc. allowed the more tactical player to have an advantage.

If prone is in the game, cool, but if it is not, cool. I don't think it will make any difference. Also, most likely a sniper will need to get a head shot for a OHKO, so being prone isn't always going to be the best idea.
---
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Basically, if you get spanked, turn the other cheek