Full game co-op possible?

#1BlaeuPosted 5/20/2010 9:55:47 PM
I really wish there would be a full game co-op in Con2. I remember playing the first Halo, back when it was "new" and "exciting." I would play co-op with a friend or my brother and we would play for hours. Playing on hard difficulties, trying to push forward to get a new check point. Those were the days.

I've ready about a co-op invasion mode, or something, which sounds cool. But, it doesn't sound like it will be something that will last as long as say, the full game. I've been wanting to teach my son how to play an FPS on the Wii for some time now, and it saddens me that we might JUST have invasion mode.

Is it possible at this point in time that HVS can make this type of change, or is the story mode going to remain a single player experience?
---
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Basically, if you get spanked, turn the other cheek
#2Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 5/20/2010 10:12:55 PM
I doubt we'll be seeing this, but I think that through Invasion Mode and offline multiplayer, you just might be able to satisfy your needs. There won't be the story elements though, sadly...
#3FPS1337Posted 5/20/2010 10:14:04 PM
umm the invasion mode probably will have more replayibility then the full game, i would much rather have invasion mode although co-op campaign is fun, but these days, horde modes are the thing.
#4Blaeu(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2010 10:24:10 PM
I agree that "horde" modes are fun, but I seem them as a fad. One game decides to do something different and people like it. Suddenly, all FPS games are trying to mimic it. Horde mode is a one trick pony, it is good for what it does, but beyond that is is very one dimensional.

If the developer actually designs a great story mode experience (compared to spending a day on story and months on MP), co-op can last a long time. Multiple stages and 3+ levels of difficulty can equal days of co-op fun.

I'm not going say I don't want Invasion mode as I'll take what I can get, I'm just saying Invasion mode is no replacement for story co-op.
---
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Basically, if you get spanked, turn the other cheek
#5naruto3336Posted 5/21/2010 4:35:36 AM

You should consider getting CoD: Black Ops then. They have teams specific for single player, co-opeartive and competitive multiplayer. You get just as much depth for all 3 of them. You wont be disappointed in either one.

#6CelticLink94Posted 5/21/2010 7:36:00 AM
^ If the wii version gets everything the other versions do, that is. True, Treyarch is the one that actually gives the Wii some love with CoD, but they also take out parts of the game unless they extend the produciton schedule by a couple years.
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/21/2010 10:59:15 AM
Most likely not, as there's no second character you go through the game with, and the story mode visuals are already pushing the hardware.
I'd love to see this, too, but it's a little unlikely.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#8SupahShnipaPosted 5/21/2010 5:35:58 PM
Most likely not.
I really like Nazi Zombies/Horde. Me and my friends still play Nazi Zombies, Horde and Firefight all the time in fact.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#9SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 5/22/2010 1:10:02 PM
Well, although most people would probably hate it, at the very least there could always be a Co-op mode like there was in Jet Force Gemini (if anyone even remembers that game). Basically, the second played becomes a second gun for firepower, but the first player still controls the movement and everything. Second player could be the ASE and offer various things like firepower, temporary shields, limited lock-on (if it's removed), etc...
---
.: Putting the laughter back in "slaughter" :.
.: The best thing you never knew you didn't want. (>^.(>O_O)> :.
#10DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/22/2010 2:33:49 PM
Like "squadmate" in the Wii call of duty games?

ew.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.