All Seeing Eye

#11NoblWolfPosted 5/29/2010 7:15:43 PM
What if there was a sort of interface using the ASE? Like, instead of just holding a button each type of ASE-able object has it's own little twist. I'm thinking Dead Space: Extraction here..

I.E; For the Ghost Mines. Instead of just holding the B button for like 3 seconds... A little screen would pop-up (maybe the ASE did get a hardware upgrade and now has a screen that works like a radar for hidden objects.. idk, just the point would be that it now has a screen) and you would have to cut wires on the Ghost Mines thus defusing/exploding it, depending on what you wanted to do. Maybe you would be able to re-arm the Ghost Mine if you defused it and have it blow up when an enemy gets close to it.

And all this would happen in game, so you can time it to assplode enemy AI or shoot them with a pistol while you're defusing.
---
May 28th, 2010. The Great Modification of the MWR boards. I know because I was Modded.
Current Stats: Perv+12, Stalker+10. Info in profile
#12NoblWolfPosted 5/29/2010 7:25:41 PM
Also, this could work as the radar for MP. I know alot of complaints stemmed from the radar being motion sensor, so what if you can have a motion sensor radar in the ASE but you would have to have the ASE out in order for it to work and you could only use pistols with it out? That might encourage camping a bit though.. Like hide in a corner, with the ASE out and then when someone coming around, put it away and ninja them.
---
May 28th, 2010. The Great Modification of the MWR boards. I know because I was Modded.
Current Stats: Perv+12, Stalker+10. Info in profile
#13naruto3336(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2010 2:09:10 PM

ALSO, the first game had the ASE make noises when something was nearby. How about you take that out!!! It would encourage more exploration by players. Making noises made it too obvious and unappealing after a while. It would be awesome if I am standing in one position, dont feel anything, but take out the ASE and see a hidden conspiracy element. That would be awesome.

#14incognito3Posted 5/31/2010 7:52:43 PM
"Hold it in your left hand while blasting an MP5k or USP in the right hand, if you had one on you? You wouldn't be able to reload though until you're done with the ASE charging."

that is almost a good idea but havent you noticed that the USP is a two handed weapon?
its a very important part of the game imo that most guns are one handed yet the USP is two...
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official bowgun user.Baroth armor ftw
Call me Incognito(3), Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please.
#15elheberPosted 6/1/2010 4:12:52 PM
I keep feeling the ASE was supposed to be The Conduit's personal version of Half-Life's Gravity Gun. Like, something that isn't quite a weapon, but is valuable to the player and iconic. I really hope they improved it greatly, because it really slowed gameplay down.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I believe I was the reason GTA:LCS included a second control option where X+Square is handbrake.