I wonder if C2's graphics will be better than Mario Galaxy 2

#1RichieGamerPosted 5/23/2010 12:29:02 PM
Seeing the graphics in Galaxy 2...man I was speechless while I was playing.
The lightning is amazing and the water/furry effects made me cry. They improved Galaxy 1 in every way.
Thankfully the Quantum3 engine is also amazing and Conduit 2 looks very promising, after watching Galaxy 2 and what the Wii can do nowadays my expectations about this game have increased a lot.
---
~RaLoZ~
#2naruto3336Posted 5/23/2010 1:21:25 PM

Though people can argue that Mario Galaxy 2 is kiddy and do easier to produce better graphics, you have to take in account that it runs at a solid 60 fps and shows a much bigger environment than Conduit 1 and 2. Conduit has to show smaller environments on the screen compared to Galaxy 2 and runs at a much slower pace. Though 30 fps is fine by me, I think Conduit 2 will have almost as good graphics as Galaxy 1. :P

#3sunfalcon9Posted 5/23/2010 1:41:53 PM
HVS can do anything :O
---
Kirbeh
#4Phasmatis92Posted 5/23/2010 2:59:56 PM
Galaxy 2's no pushover; it pushes often enormous environments at a blazing 60fps, all while throwing around bump and environment mapping, fur shading, advanced particle effects, and loads of geometry.

That said, if any upcoming game on Wii has a shot at dethroning it, it's Conduit 2. HVS have demonstrated great talent at flexing the Wiis's graphical muscles, and with 30fps they'll have more power left over for adding eye candy than Galaxy 2 does. If it does improve Conduit 1's visuals to the degree that HVS promise...
#5DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/23/2010 5:15:26 PM
Aren't the water effects still a combination of specular surface ripples and animated textures with no reflections?

Anyway, it's hard to compare the 2 as Mario Galaxy does what the system accels at, whereas Conduit 2 will be doing things that people thought previously to be impossible on the system due to the workings of the TEV.
In other words, Conduit 2 will be as impressive or more impressive than Galaxy 2 to the techie nerd, but it won't be all shiny and smooth.

Also, am I the only one who notices a distinct similarity between the specular style of the Modern Warfare games and Super Mario Galaxy? I really think that Treyarch has no good excuse for not at least doing some effects on the Wii port of Modern Warfare. The system can do a lot of solid effects really well.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#6Tony90908Posted 5/23/2010 5:28:11 PM
Wouldn't that be nice?
---
TKO Tony
PSN:FrostedFlakes141
#7HVSTony(VIP)Posted 5/23/2010 6:15:14 PM
Totally different style.

Galaxy 2 looks great but you guys have to realize that skinning and animation data is a huge FPS hit and the mario games in there simple rigs and characters run about a quarter as many skinned bones as conduit or games like COD do.

-Tony
#8RichieGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2010 7:19:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up!
---
~RaLoZ~
#9Phasmatis92Posted 5/24/2010 4:39:22 AM
Thanks for the clarification Tony.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that putting more power into things like skinning and animation while maintaining 30fps will be a very appreciated contribution. Heck, that may just give it the edge over Galaxy in my eyes.

"Also, am I the only one who notices a distinct similarity between the specular style of the Modern Warfare games and Super Mario Galaxy? I really think that Treyarch has no good excuse for not at least doing some effects on the Wii port of Modern Warfare. The system can do a lot of solid effects really well."

Yeah, as pleased as I was that that COD4 finally made it to the Wii, it's not the best port out there; the first Conduit thrashes it in terms of framerate and graphical fidelity.