Ghost mines as a usable weapon...

#1Valdimir_DregaPosted 5/23/2010 3:55:59 PM
I'd personally like to see the ASE used a bit in multiplayer, this would only be one way to implement it. Of course, your own ghost mines wouldn't explode on you or anything. Just a thought.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#2SupahShnipaPosted 5/23/2010 4:28:49 PM
Kinda like Clays/Bettys, I like it.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#3articshardPosted 5/23/2010 4:31:42 PM
if they were to be in muli player then the time to detonate it should alot shorter. yeah this would be fun to set traps and what not. as long as you can't spam them. i don't want to play in a mine field
---
i need diablo 3 and i need it now, oh yeah and Civ V
longe time user, short time account holder
#4BlaeuPosted 5/23/2010 6:38:00 PM
That is a terrible idea. It would be just like a Claymore. Those are some of the cheapest kills you can get since all you have to do is set it down. It is basically an explosive that is camping an area for you.

There is a reason claymores are banned from competitive play on CoD, don't make us have to ban them from Con2.
---
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Basically, if you get spanked, turn the other cheek
#5N64FTWxDPosted 5/23/2010 10:16:13 PM
As long as you got 1 a life then I'd be fine with it. It adds more of a tactical and actually thinking about were your going. And it would be a good camper destroying spot.
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/23/2010 11:09:58 PM
Wait, since when the **** were claymores banned? You can jump and avoid being killed if you're running, or just back up and take minimal damage if you aren't. Also, if there's a corner, you can walk around it and avoid the explosion. You can also shoot the claymore, or hit it with a grenade or something similar.

Last I checked, Martyrdom is banned from hardcore servers because people who use it often wind up ruining the experience of every other player, including their own team, and tubes are banned for being completely broken. 3X frags are banned from some servers because of how easy cooked grenade kills are.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#7SaintXSPosted 5/24/2010 6:33:46 AM
What blaeu is trying to say is that no one uses claymores on gamebattles matches.

And heyyyy I don't know if you remember me I went around BAP sometimes whatsupppp :)

Anyways, they are already using the TPC Launcher that can set mines as an alternative fire, so that's the claymore-type thing... no need for more claymores. What would be cool for any HVS game coming up though would be breaching doors online, to sort of "create" your own map, doors that wouldn't normally open can be exploded by C4 or something :p
---
xS:Saint!-
1084-6779-8101
#8Aile_WingPosted 5/24/2010 9:49:02 AM
SaintXS:
Anyways, they are already using the TPC Launcher that can set mines as an alternative fire

I was just about to say that.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#9psychobrewPosted 5/24/2010 10:05:15 AM
Great idea. Though it would probably be better if the ghost mines were somewhat transparent (just enough so you see it if you're looking but miss it if you're not paying attention).
#10_Kidlat_Posted 5/24/2010 1:56:33 PM
Claymores are tactical. And there is even a counter perk called bomb squad but I bet people hate giving up their frag x3......
---
Proud Student of the University of Pennsylvania
MWR: 4893-7948-2427 The Conduit: 2836-7869-1737