Weather conditions

#1ddd87Posted 5/23/2010 8:39:58 PM
I though about this after seeing the latest picture:
I know there is some rain in the oil rig, and probably snow in Siberia. But how about having different weather conditions that are determined randomly at the start of the level. When playing the oil rig level there would be rain, but when playing the same level other time there would be some dense fog, and other times there would be nothing.
Same with the Siberia level, sometimes there would be a heavy blizzard and other times there could be a few snow.
And if there is a level taking place on some streets under direct sun at summer, it could have some heat distortion at ground level.
What u guys think?
#2Ghosty392Posted 5/23/2010 8:44:04 PM
I'd like to see that in multiplayer more than anything else.
---
Conduit Friend Code: 3137-4338-7044
Yes, I have WiiSpeak.
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/23/2010 11:06:52 PM
While I'd love to see heat distortion on, well... Everything, judging by how it looked in The Conduit, we either won't see much of it, or we won't see any at all, especially not covering the ground.

That said, variable weather would be a great addition to single or multiplayer assuming they can make it work well.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4ddd87(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2010 9:18:17 AM
/\ hmmm, cant remember how it looked in C1, but I was thinking something like a distant heat effect that is only visible at a certain distance.
#5DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/24/2010 11:56:06 AM
It was pretty ugly. You could only see it at the edge of the screen, and it looked more like a glitch than anything.

Find one of the pulse boxes, and then look way to the side of it until it's offscreen, but it's little red pulses are still there.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#6SupahShnipaPosted 5/24/2010 2:23:27 PM
I personally would rather have that for MP.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#7Phasmatis92Posted 5/24/2010 3:59:36 PM
It'd be awesome to have mist/rain drip on Ford's visor, like in Metroid Prime.
#8SupahShnipaPosted 5/24/2010 5:05:52 PM
"It'd be awesome to have mist/rain drip on Ford's visor, like in Metroid Prime."

Agreed. Plus some snow, sand dust etc.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#9Aile_WingPosted 5/24/2010 6:25:07 PM
Mist in the jungle map? Heck yes!
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#10naruto3336Posted 5/29/2010 7:25:59 AM

The mist, and heavy blizzards (lowering your view sight) would add a whole new layer to online multiplayer's strategic elements. It would be a completely new feature to this game which this game desperately needs.