Attn: Anyone who is concerned about the potential hacking situation.

#1XENOZOAPosted 5/25/2010 3:09:02 PM

I'm very well aware that as soon as the game is released, people will attempt to create codes for it. And I wonder if you guys at HVS will not make the same mistake with TCon1 with the CDgame.txt file that can be altered to create a Debug Menu. Just the fact that every single copy of TCon1 had the potential to become a powerful hacking device, it makes me feel uneasy. Most people who know me very well knowthat I do indeed have a hacked Wii, but I dont find any satisfaction in having infinite health to win. If you know me and how I play, you'll know that I am in fact a very skilled player.

I'm just very concerned that the hacking situation will return in TCon2, or even get worse, so all I ask is you go over the security and files and everything to make sure that people won't find even the slightest gap in the game to hack. I loved the prequel so much, and all the cheating and bugs in the game stole part of that love, so just make sure you do in fact improve the game in every single aspect that you can.

Thanks in advance ~ Xenozoa425 Aka XENOZOA The "Friendly Hacker" :D

P.S. - To anyone who hates hackers and/or people with hacked Wii's, don't hate me. I did not impact you or your gaming experience in any way /shape / form. I am in fact a very skilled player (I was among one of the best in TCon1).

P.S.S. - Please, don't anyone delete / lock this topic, people deserve to know the truth behind some things, and people need to state their opinions about these things, so that they can be corrected and benefit everyone as a whole.

#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/25/2010 3:13:23 PM
To save HVSTony some text
"We're working on it"

That, or "already taken care of". But I think it's more likely working on it, as the game isn't out, and this is one of the later parts of development.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#3ddd87Posted 5/25/2010 3:30:15 PM
I think HVS or SEGA should hire a professional hacker (the nice ones) to test and improve the security.
#4NoblWolfPosted 5/25/2010 3:48:01 PM
I think this solely relies on the players themselves. I doubt any game can be made 100% hack-proof.

MKii/SSBB >_>
---
King of the "Highness"/ Member of the Dangerous 4/ FC/Site in Profile
Very Excite for Metroid: Other M and TCon2 (Ninja'd)
#5XENOZOA(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2010 4:14:43 PM

Well I already know that hacking can never 100% be stopped, but there's still room to try and prevent it as much as possible.

It's just that HVS & SEGA screwed up so easily on the security of TCon1 with the CDgames.txt files, that file contained a whole lot of information (Including the Debug Menu), it was just so insecure and unprotected, "Like a door left open" some people say.

#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/25/2010 6:37:06 PM
I doubt there will be a similar problem this time around. HVS learned a lot right after the release of The Conduit, even from the people who released and found cheats for the game.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#7stufa1978Posted 5/26/2010 2:46:18 AM
Well at least focus on the glitches first.

Hackers fortunatly, are not as common as the chickens that exploit the (admittedly) easy glitches in the game.

But still any one who resorts to cheating, no matter the skill behind it are spineless cowards who dare not face defeat. A player who gets maimed but sticks it out match after match gets infinetly more respect from me, than a gutless, yella cheat. (online anyway)
---
Nintendo translates as Leave luck to Heaven.
#8BlaeuPosted 5/26/2010 6:39:57 AM
Part of the problem may be how HVS codes their game, but another large part is how Nintendo has set up their online. With things like the HBC, developers will never be able to completely stop the hacking. Luckily, it isn't that wide spread on the Wii, and half the kids who try it end up freezing their console when they try.

Glitches are a much bigger threat when it comes to ruining public play. For the love of Ford, release a glitch free game. I mean really, what was worse in Tcon, a hacker that gives you super speed and puts you into the debug map, or six auto-smaw users on Streets?
---
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Basically, if you get spanked, turn the other cheek
#9XENOZOA(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2010 1:47:34 PM

Oh, I completely forgot to mention the annoying bugs & glitches.

And yes, it is very frustrating when you go into a match and there's a person shooting a glitched MP5-SMAW through the floor of the stairs in Red Base in Streets. All the exploits in the next game need to be eliminated as much as possible.

#10wwe_rkoPosted 5/29/2010 6:04:09 PM
they needa work on glitches to i mean id reather have ppl geting a test map then bing shot from inside a wall or the sky i being a pro glitcher (i found 3 elevators in mw2 & i know the guy who found the 1st elevator & iv found so many glitches 4 games i lost count ) HVS should hire ppl like me to play they game nostop for a month or 2 & let us find all the glitches because who ever did it the first time suxed i could find more glitches half asleep =P
---
(PSN ASCCODE95) (GAMERTAG ASCCODE95)
SUPPORT/WATCH TNA TO MAKE WWE BETTER