Just a little idea of mine.

#1_Azeal_Posted 5/26/2010 11:35:27 AM
I was thinking an online tournament thingy would be pretty sweet. Like HVS hosts the tournament directly within the game. You connect online, click "join tourney" and you wait for your day to play in it.

I'm not good at explaining things, but I think you get the picture.

The reason for this feature is because so many fans try to host tournaments for games that never happen because of lack of organization. This would solve the problem, and be pretty cool I'd say.

Just a little idea.
---
MPH FC: 5156-0451-0965
SW26: "I cower in your presence, Az." <proof I'm awesome
#2UltimateFlame13Posted 5/26/2010 11:48:39 AM
sounds interesting
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Dragon Age Origins, Golden Sun, Super Mario Galaxy 2
#3BlaeuPosted 5/26/2010 11:55:25 AM
The concept is cool, but that puts a lot of pressure on HVS / Sega. I mean, HVS sponsored a tourney on the Sega boards for Tcon and they sent out t-shirts and signed art books to the winners, but they didn't host anything.

Besides the programming involved in making that work, they would then be responsible for enforcing any rules applied to that tourney. They would also be responsible for any complaints and or cheating. That is a lot of work.

I support the idea, but don't see it happening. Plus, without some specific rules that ban certain weapons etc. it would be a tourney to see who could use the cheapest tactics to win.
---
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Basically, if you get spanked, turn the other cheek
#4sunfalcon9Posted 5/26/2010 1:30:56 PM
*pictures mario kart wii FPS*

---
Kirbeh
#5FEStrataPosted 5/27/2010 6:03:18 PM
Region advantage.
---
FE:SD-3051-3346-6547 CoD: MWR 4093-1302-2854
Flare Equinox Strata -X- XeF|~iFes~ XeF|PhronZ
#6SupahShnipaPosted 5/27/2010 6:26:08 PM
Maybe an In-Game tournament system thats fully automated?
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#7FEStrataPosted 5/27/2010 6:58:03 PM
I'm pretty sure Nintendo would ban it since Wii doesn't run actively.
---
FE:SD-3051-3346-6547 CoD: MWR 4093-1302-2854
Flare Equinox Strata -X- XeF|~iFes~ XeF|PhronZ
#8Mr_L_Posted 5/27/2010 8:39:12 PM
You could do what bungie does with halo, where it hosts something different each weekend (in halo its double XP playlists). They could arrange to put up a tournament (or something like that) every so often, whether it be every weekend/once or twice a month. That kinda of stuff usually gets more people to play
---
Official King of the Conduit 2 Board
#9SaintXSPosted 5/28/2010 8:40:23 AM
NHL 2K10 used a tournament system where you could make tournaments in game and people could register through the game or by password... I don't get how a tournament would work in an FPS unless it's like 2v2 and stuff.... the ability to make your own tournament in game would be really cool but most of them wouldn't work just like the ones in 2K10, but it does work if you put a password on them and get ppl from like gamefaqs to participate in the tournament. Then maybe we can have in game 2v2 tournaments, with custom settings and stuff like maybe snipers only or something, that would be cool.
---
xS:Saint!-
1084-6779-8101
#10SupahShnipaPosted 5/28/2010 7:27:41 PM
"NHL 2K10 used a tournament system where you could make tournaments in game and people could register through the game or by password... I don't get how a tournament would work in an FPS unless it's like 2v2 and stuff.... the ability to make your own tournament in game would be really cool but most of them wouldn't work just like the ones in 2K10, but it does work if you put a password on them and get ppl from like gamefaqs to participate in the tournament. Then maybe we can have in game 2v2 tournaments, with custom settings and stuff like maybe snipers only or something, that would be cool."

NHL 2K10 is so win! But perhaps you could enter a tournament with your current party and have 4v4 type tournaments. Random-Team 3v3's would also be interesting.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES