Leader Boads

#1Fluxy1223Posted 5/26/2010 5:17:03 PM
I believe this game would benefit from them in every way, it would encourage people to raise there world wide rank and add a sense of competitiveness to a game that can get boring after a while.
---
I think too much, and not in a smart way.....
#2LigersRulePosted 5/26/2010 5:20:45 PM
And encourage cheating.... People will cheat just to see their name at the top of the leader-board. It's sad.

I vote no to leaderboards.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#3BlaeuPosted 5/26/2010 5:31:50 PM
Leader Boards are worthless. For one, everyone hacks them so they do not even do what they are supposed to do.

Also, unless you plan on recording EVERY POSSIBLE STAT IN THE GAME, don't bother. So many people are obsessed with K/D (kill death ratio) in CoD, but the stat doesn't even mean much. Even if it tracked how many objectives you've taken, unless there is a number that combines them, what is the point?

If we look at baseball and all of the stats recorded there, you'll see they record a ton of them. A player isn't made or broken based on his batting average, there is on base percentage, HRs, RBIs, etc. There are also defensive stats that are tracked.

Then, there are stats that track clutch, like when runners are in scoring position. What about stolen bases, errors, etc.? You have to view all of these stats to assess a players worth, looking at just two is ignorant.

Same with an FPS, if you just take K/D and W/L, you are not getting an accurate picture of that player. Having a leader board that tracks these stats will just over emphasize those stats and people will change their play style to bolster them.
---
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Basically, if you get spanked, turn the other cheek
#4UltimateFlame13Posted 5/26/2010 5:33:20 PM
While it would give people more motivation to cheat, it all depends on just how easy it is to cheat. If it's easy to cheat then people are going to be cheating with or without leader boards. I could see how it would give people enough motivation to do tougher things in order to cheat though. Personally I don't really care about leader boards, but I can see why some people would want them in. However this seems like one of those online features that is so basic that HVS has already considered adding them in.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Dragon Age Origins, Golden Sun, Super Mario Galaxy 2
#5SaintXSPosted 5/27/2010 2:06:35 PM
Make it so you can see the persons stats if you're their friend, but nothing else??? just a thought.
---
xS:Saint!-
1084-6779-8101
#6ZBug_Posted 5/28/2010 1:27:27 PM
I think you should even be able to see others peoples stats. it was kinda cool in the first one were you can check your own stats but if people could see someone else's stats they would try harder to make them look good, like leader-boards would try and cheat more.
Plus if sometimes i decide i'm going to go charging into teams base knowing im just going to die, so be it, It shouldn't be anyone else's business how many times i've ever killed myself, It should only matter for that one match.
Well anyways, even if they do add such a feature I won't care for it that much, i guess it would make some people happy but i don't care for it so it wont effect me.

I'm kinda like that with super smash bros too (any of them) i play for fun, not for winning streaks

P.S. im in a chatty mood. (Hence why I typed so much)

---
The Conduit: 4425-9297-5799 -Zane
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now." Light Yagami
#7shadow-stormerPosted 6/2/2010 10:46:55 AM
Leaderboards would just end the same way MWR's leaderboards ended up like. Hacked.
---
MWR: Friend Code: 243267789537