DownLoadable Content / Add Ons

#11wwe_rko(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2010 1:28:42 PM
in whay way am i a fanboy i own all 3 consoles & if this game does have dlc i know it wont be $15 & dlc isnt for most game developers a way to take stuff out & sell it to you for more money its a way to keep things fresh if you woulda read i said i dout they can pop out another sequel so y not spend some time on dlc no they wouldnt be taking anything out but adding more to a product that is already out & you wouldnt be paying for stuff that should have been in the game your paying for more content any ways i think 5 new maps for around $5-$10 sounds good & its not a rip off if you think so you dont have to buy it the reason the mw2 dlc is a rip off is your basicly paying $5 for 1 map & im sure they could get around the storage prolbem
---
(PSN ASCCODE95) (GAMERTAG ASCCODE95)
SUPPORT/WATCH TNA TO MAKE WWE BETTER
#12LigersRulePosted 5/29/2010 1:56:15 PM
Uhm, TC, I wanna show you some things. They are called punctuation marks. They are small little characters, such as . , ? ! and '

If you would use them, it would really help me out. It takes me a while to figure out your messages.

Also, on a different note, there is a button next to the "preview message" button that says "Preview and Spellcheck Message."

Disclaimer: I'm not asking for perfection. I'm asking for clarification. None of this is intended as flaming. Although maybe a bit of semi-rude comments are involved, I hope you do not take this in a rude way.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#13SupahShnipaPosted 5/29/2010 2:30:41 PM
MW2, 30$ for 6 new crappy maps (Storm = Worst Map Ever) and 4 rehashes. Thats a huge ripoff.

Honestly, 1-5$ for new maps, character models, game modes etc. is reasonable. I mean you just spent 60-80$ on the game.
For the Wii though, 1 map for Con2 would be a surprise.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#14wwe_rko(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2010 5:29:00 PM
ok so im thinking you dont own mw2 & the map pack was only $15 for 5 maps i said its basicly $5 per map because 2 are in cod 4 or mwr in ur case. & srry about spelling & stuff sum times i use my ps3s web browser or my wiis so its kinda hard to spelle good there
---
#15LigersRulePosted 5/29/2010 5:58:52 PM
ok so im thinking you dont own mw2 & the map pack was only $15 for 5 maps

Yeah, what he said was
30$ for 6 new crappy maps (Storm = Worst Map Ever) and 4 rehashes

I take it he's factoring in 2 map packs. Just use a bit of algebra. What he said was "$30=6New+4Old"
That could also be represented as "2($15)=2(3New+2Old)"

So, yeah, he's just factoring in 2 map packs.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#16SupahShnipaPosted 5/30/2010 11:41:48 AM
"So, yeah, he's just factoring in 2 map packs."

Yea, I was counting the new one as well.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#17wwe_rko(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2010 3:31:48 PM
o kk then u were right =P
---
#18psychobrewPosted 5/31/2010 9:41:49 AM

UltimateFlame13 posted...

I prefer games that are complete when I buy them. I don't want to pay extra to get what should have been included in the first place.

That's more of a negative perspective then anything else. Not all dlc is stuff that was taken out of what would have been in the final game. Some of it is stuff made after the development time you know. Instead of paying for what would have been in their in the first place you are just paying for extra game.

PC gaming says otherwise. DLC is usually free and that is my expectation unless a whole new game is released. Charging for DLC is an invention of the console and is a bad road to travel. I sometimes wish consoles would stop trying to be PCs because they are ruining PC gaming.

#19ZBug_Posted 5/31/2010 5:29:45 PM
I think they should have downloadable content but most the stuff should be almost free. other wise It might end up being how Microsoft does it: *make game* *find some map and a few options like, characters, weapons,etc to take out* *sell the game for $60* *then sell the other map for $15 and another $5 for the special weapon in DLC, totaling $80 freaking bucks for a game*

That might be a little bit of exaggeration since its not necessarily that much but i think you get the point.
---
The Conduit: 4425-9297-5799 -Zane
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now." Light Yagami
#20UltimateFlame13Posted 5/31/2010 8:08:43 PM

PC gaming says otherwise. DLC is usually free and that is my expectation unless a whole new game is released. Charging for DLC is an invention of the console and is a bad road to travel. I sometimes wish consoles would stop trying to be PCs because they are ruining PC gaming.

let me know when we're talking about PC games then. I play PC games as well you know. Whether or not they charge for dlc has no effect on the original game you buy being complete or not, so I don't see what your point is. Charging for dlc does not change dlc from extra parts of the game to missing parts of the game.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Borderlands, Dragon Age Origins