Event Matches (1 question for Tony, or anyone who can answer seriously)

#1The_ShaderPosted 5/30/2010 2:03:18 AM
Yes, this is total rip off of Monster Hunter Tri's Event Quests.

Basically..... Have HVS take their most basic multiplayer map, and add something 'special' to it thats only accessible for certain periods of time.

Like take 'Streets' and add Xmas tree's and presents everywhere, or Helloween decorations. it wouldn't have to be detailed, just have the wall texture feature a few pumpkins and a calendar with the current day. Or if thats not possible, just have double experience weekends! if Capcom can do stuff like event quests on the Wii, then HVS should too!

Here's the Question!
V V
is something like a limited time only "Event Quest" only possible when you have your own Servers?
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit Name= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri Name= "Deimos"
#2naruto3336Posted 5/30/2010 8:28:47 AM

Copying COD4's Crash event i see. I actually agree with this. A different variation of the same map is always refreshing and welcomed. I just hope they have 16 (MWR set the standard) maps to start off, so we won't need new maps. :)

#3SupahShnipaPosted 5/30/2010 11:43:12 AM
Reminds me of Winter Crash for PC COD4. I like the idea though.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#4SaintXSPosted 5/30/2010 12:02:50 PM
LOVE both ideas.
---
xS:Saint!-
1084-6779-8101
#5The_Shader(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2010 12:02:53 PM
....... huh? the only CoD games i've ever played were Modern Warfare, and its sequel. Not once has any of those World War 2 games appealed to me. i never owned a PC shooter except a Delta Force game i played for a few days, and i rented a few Medal of Honor games.

Thats it. Besides years of GoldenEye of course.... and just in case i miss understood, when i say 'change the wall textures', i really mean it. i only used 'Streets' as an example because of its basic design, and probably most played Conduit map.

if i could, i'd change ALL maps in accordance with the holiday. Whether the maps be new or old.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
The Conduit Name= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri Name= "Deimos"
#6NoblWolfPosted 5/30/2010 1:57:46 PM
Hmm.. interesting TC. I'm not sure about your last question though. I DLed this WiiWare game called "Onslaught" where there were online ranking matches that had totally different maps then the ones the game came with for the singleplayer and normal online multiplayer. And, I'm pretty certain they run on the Nintendo servers, but I guess I could be wrong.
---
May 28th, 2010. The Great Modification of the MWR boards. I know because I was Modded.
Current Stats: Perv+12, Stalker+10. Info in profile
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/30/2010 4:07:04 PM
Just like PSO.
Could be fun.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.