Attn HVSTony: Will scoping be fixed?

#1Aile_WingPosted 5/30/2010 7:00:20 PM
This was an annoyance in The Conduit. I go to scope, but instead of zooming in to where I was looking at, the weapon zooms in off to the side of whatever I was looking at. Please tell me this will be fixed in Conduit 2.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#2HVSTony(VIP)Posted 5/30/2010 9:26:53 PM
Never knew this as bug. I was actually working on this last week and it shipped working perfectly in C1. Whats probably happening is your slightly moving your hand and you scope in.

Plus it might look slightly different as you scope because there is not a pin point middle on some guns without going scope.

-Tony
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/30/2010 9:37:43 PM
Howabout the scoping bug where you can scope and get hit, preventing you from using zoom until you die, and sometimes messing up hud elements, or making it so that you never get the option to confirm your death and retry?
There were quite a few bugs with scoping and being hit and dying and stuff.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4CelticLink94Posted 5/31/2010 5:49:43 AM
What are you guys talking about? I never had a problem with the zoom. Always went straight to where I was pointing, and it never messed up my HUD.
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#5DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/31/2010 6:31:20 AM
If you got hit as your camera was zooming in, not zoomed in, it could mess up the game in a variety of ways.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#6CelticLink94Posted 5/31/2010 6:42:15 AM
Well why would you be scoping in during a firefight? I don't scope unless I'm in the clear, cuz then my peripheral vision is cut off completely and I'm at a disadvantage.
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/31/2010 6:43:44 AM
Because it allows you to get a better view of the enemy, and if there's nobody to your sides, it won't put you at a disadvantage. You can also, after getting your easy headshots, zoom back out.
Regardless, the bug was there.
---
#8psychobrewPosted 5/31/2010 7:56:52 AM
I can't remember the exact setting, but there is a control settings that has the consequence of doing what you describe. I believe it has something to do with the camera settings (i.e. look y with dead zone). What camera setting are you using?

My only problem with the controls is sometimes the transition in and out of the dead zone is too fast. There needs to be some kind of ramp up to reach top turning speed when exiting the deadzone (and vice versa when entering it) to keep the transition smooth, that, or a setting to speed aiming in the dead zone up (it's quite possible there is).
#9Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2010 7:56:53 AM
Hmm... Well, I guess it could be off because an object that's in the center of one's crosshairs when zoomed out may not actually be in the exact center due to the distance. Also, I didn't call this a bug, just something that seemed like a problem, but after thinking about it more it seems that it's not. But being forced to zoom out after taking a lot of damage sure is irritating.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
#10Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2010 7:58:40 AM
I'm using the human camera setting.
---