I liked TCon, but when I read about the improvements for Con2...

#1elheberPosted 6/1/2010 3:05:32 PM
WOW. It's like they read every single complaint and the boss told all the underlings, "fix this ****!"

Corridor style maps. Fix'd.
Plot developed through dialogue and text on loadings screens. Fix'd.
Extensive cheating in online multiplayer. Fix'd.
Cliché sci-fi themes and designs. Apparently fix'd.
Fix'd, fix'd fix'd... Fix'd.

If Con2 will be to TCon what Red Steel 2 is to Red Steel, I'll go bananas.

I'm glad the community is still alive. Here's to the sprint button: *raises can of orange soda* Cheers!
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.
#2NoblWolfPosted 6/1/2010 3:12:27 PM
Didn't play RS2 but RS1 was similar to TCon.. in the sense of the hype but came with some flaws and such... Never made the connection between the two. Great job!

Many "Thank You's" to HVS for all their hardwork and dedication to giving us Wii owners what we want.
---
May 28th, 2010. The Great Modification of the MWR boards. I know because I was Modded.
Current Stats: Perv+20, Stalker+10. Info in profile
#3LigersRulePosted 6/1/2010 3:12:57 PM
Welcome to the wonderful, happy world of HVS. Where most every complaint is heard, Doritos and Orange soda are the snack food/elixir of the Gods, and HVSTony gives cryptic hints that nobody can quite figure out, but still make perfect sense come time that they really announce it.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#4incognito3Posted 6/1/2010 3:13:36 PM
i agree they did fix a ton. i hope they fixed the weapons the most though. Some guns were way too powerful imo.
i also hope radar is fixed and they are doing something about camping, like a camp free mode where if u stay still for too long you die or lose health.
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official bowgun user.Baroth armor ftw
Call me Incognito(3), Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please.
#5elheber(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2010 3:20:27 PM
Right, I was just reading other threads and realized HSV Tony is still lurking around. It's flippin' nuts!

Another fix was the semi-random weapon theme selection in multiplayer. Kudos. I'm so glad they went with a more modern loadout selection method. That alone improves multiplayer massively.

So what's the story on the map selection process? Has there been any news on that?
---
#6MC_Brian1Posted 6/1/2010 3:57:23 PM
Hey elheber, it's been forever and a day since I saw you back on Smashboards... you still go there? I don't really(I miss smash though).

I also have to agree with you. I hope it turns out good enough that PS360 owners would want it.
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache
#7elheber(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2010 4:06:57 PM
Holy crap! Small world, no? I haven't been there in a long while, but Luigi is still #1 (SMG2 wins in letting me readily use him).

Yar, the Wiimote has serious potential with FPS. It just hasn't been honed in quite right yet. Someday there'll be a radical departure in FPS using pointers, and that'll become the dominant control method. Until then, I'm putting all my hopes into Con2.
---
#8MC_Brian1Posted 6/1/2010 4:16:44 PM
Yeah, and all the people who cried saying it was a stupid gimmick will embrace it as the new control method.
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache
#9SupahShnipaPosted 6/1/2010 6:26:09 PM
Conduit 2 will be to the Wii what Halo 2 was to the Original XBox.

inb4overhype
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES