I Hope the Sprint Button Replaces the Jump Button.

#1elheberPosted 6/1/2010 3:59:34 PM
Legend of Zelda games have automatic jumping and it works great. I hope Con2 replaces the manual jump with an automatic jump if you're sprinting. If you want to climb an obstacle, you just sprint into it. If you want to jump over a gap instead of dropping down it, you just sprint into it.

It'd eliminate the problem of bunnyhopping, and that in turn would reduce the need for target-locking. Plus, pressing sprint and backward at the same time could give you a nice, quick 180-degree turn... I liked that in RE4.

I know some of you probably don't want manual jumping removed, and that's cool. I just find it unnecessary.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.
#2FEStrataPosted 6/1/2010 4:02:51 PM
Camping = destroyed. If you're not auto jumping then you're not camping right.
---
CoD: MWR 4093-1302-2854 MI|~iFes~ MI|PhronZ
Flare Equinox Strata ~ Long live Xenon Force.
#3MC_Brian1Posted 6/1/2010 4:18:49 PM
Bunny hopping isn't really a problem so much as it is an annoyance, but removing jumping completely actually lowers the skill gap because you can't really be better at strafing if that element is completely removed.

To get rid of bunny hopping, just have maybe a half second delay before you can jump again.
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache
#4CelticLink94Posted 6/1/2010 4:55:12 PM
Not to connect this to CoD, but I liked how in MWR once you jumped, if you jumped again right away the jump would be minimized for a couple of seconds.
---
~~~~Frozen Primates and Polite Rodents make for really good bands~~~~~
"The extreme irony of life is that nobody gets through it alive"- a friend
#5psychobrewPosted 6/1/2010 4:55:49 PM
I think the buttons are customizable so you can replace whatever button you want.
#6elheber(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2010 5:36:49 PM
In other modern online shooters you don't really see people jumping around (because jumping is severely nerfed)... and it doesn't make strafing the only available skill/tactic. Manual jumping does nothing to make this game better. Yeah, it might reduce the skill gap, but there's still plenty of skill gap to go around. Not to mention that it isn't only about skill, but also about playing intelligently and using tactics. So if manual jumping is removed, better players still win more.

There can still be other advanced gameplay techniques to learn and master.
---
#7Aile_WingPosted 6/1/2010 6:08:29 PM
MC_Brian1:
To get rid of bunny hopping, just have maybe a half second delay before you can jump again.

I think that's a pretty good solution.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#8DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/1/2010 6:10:29 PM
I still find it hard to believe that people actually think jumping is cheap.

Aim up. If you can't hit a jumping target, you either fail at the game, or the controls fail to provide adequate control. Since this game will feature controls that are as good as or better than the original, there should be no problem. So, learn to aim, or go back to playing scrolling shooters.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#9elheber(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2010 6:24:59 PM
Who said anything about cheap? I'm re-reading everything I wrote to see if I have any complaints about cheapness...

Nope.
---
#10psychobrewPosted 6/1/2010 6:35:45 PM

DarkZV2Beta posted...
I still find it hard to believe that people actually think jumping is cheap.

Aim up. If you can't hit a jumping target, you either fail at the game, or the controls fail to provide adequate control. Since this game will feature controls that are as good as or better than the original, there should be no problem. So, learn to aim, or go back to playing scrolling shooters.

I agree with this. Let me dodge bullets.

Jumping is only an issue for dual analog.