is this still in alpha stage?

#31DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/8/2010 10:18:05 PM
I don't make Flash games. Flash is annoying, and looks and runs like total crap. I can't stand it.

And my point was that saying a game is in alpha build doesn't mean **** for current content quality, as we may be looking a screenshots that match the final game build.

We may not be. The game may look vastly superior when it makes it into beta. But, that has nothing to do with being pre-alpha or not.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#32LigersRulePosted 6/9/2010 8:14:32 AM
And my point was that saying a game is in alpha build doesn't mean **** for current content quality, as we may be looking a screenshots that match the final game build.

We may not be. The game may look vastly superior when it makes it into beta. But, that has nothing to do with being pre-alpha or not.

I understand that, but when an actual developer from the company says they are being worked on.... Well, you can bet that the graphics are being worked on.

I don't make Flash games. Flash is annoying, and looks and runs like total crap. I can't stand it.

Oh.... I apologize for assuming.... What sort of games do you make, then?
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#33DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/10/2010 3:24:18 AM
Usually ruby based apps. Some text stuff, some RPGs, lots of little RPGMaker XP/VX mods and small games around them, the occasional attempt at a decent platformer. Most stuff doesn't really get to the point where I can call it a finished product.

And yeah, I'm not saying the visuals won't improve. Just that asking if a game is in pre-alpha isn't a good way of asking if the game will look better than currently released screens. I think we still have yet to see the new lighting engine in action, as well as a lot of other nice things.

I just hope this game has some good framebuffer effects.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#34HVSTony(VIP)Posted 6/10/2010 8:18:40 AM
"framebuffer effects"

Never heard of that before.... :)
FYI - Once the image is loaded in the FB, there aint nothing effect wise you can do with it.

-Tony
#35DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/10/2010 8:37:15 PM
Look at some of the tech walkthroughs for UE3. They call the warping effects "framebuffer effects".

One thing I hate about all this technobabble is there's about 18 different terms for each and every different effect, and only half of them even begin to make sense.
---