Do you like objects/walls that bullets can go through?

#1VermineaterPosted 6/5/2010 12:16:47 PM
In MW2 (airport stage), I thought I was safe in the plane, until bullets wwnt through it. It could make for interesting gameplay if solid objects could be pierced by bullet fire.

Anyone agree?
---
VE - http://www.formspring.me/Vermineater
Now Playing: Pokemon: HeartGold, UT2K4, stuff
#2MC_Brian1Posted 6/5/2010 12:34:48 PM
It leads to frustrating deaths, and would underpower the sci fi weapons as lasers can't really pass through walls while doing less damage than usual like bullets can. We also have the Phase Rifle for that.
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache
#3Vermineater(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2010 12:43:06 PM
I didn't say everywhere, but maybe a few areas, it could be interesting.

I always approve of variety. :D

Hope C4 gets made, just so I can say "OMG C4! Get down!"
---
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/5/2010 4:09:00 PM
I'd love some stages with some wood walls and glass walls and stuff that certain bullets can penetrate, but are otherwise solid. outside of that, though, I'd like solid walls.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5Phasmatis92Posted 6/5/2010 6:17:58 PM
Yeah, it added a nice dynamic to the gameplay that certain materials were penetrable and others weren't.
#6Vermineater(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2010 7:13:14 PM
:D Agreed. Glass is obvious, but blimdly shooting through wood or other light materials and things are fun, also, could make for a few unsafe hiding spots. :)
---
#7CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/5/2010 9:18:48 PM
Well, having worked at a shooting range...
If you're going to get into it that much, I'd say don't even bother with it.
When bullets come out of something, they arn't exactly going the same speed or direction, and sometimes not even in the same number of pieces.

Have glass that breaks, and then bullets go though and other things like that.
It fulfills the mechanic w/o being overly complicated or getting counter intuitive.
#8ddd87Posted 6/6/2010 5:16:38 AM
Counter strike did that in the first version. Bullets go through some walls and ceilings, the bullet direction is changed and the power is reduced.
It shouldn't be that hard to do.
#9Phasmatis92Posted 6/6/2010 5:44:51 AM
COD4 & 5 on Wii already have calculated bullet penetration modelling, (same engine as the PC/PS360 versions no less) so it shoudln't be an issue of system capability.
#10CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/6/2010 9:06:44 AM
I'm not saying it'd be hard to do, I'm saying 'Whats the point, other than just being realistic?'

Its counter intuitive.
Its like the devs design a place for you to hide, and then they go and make it so you cant hide there.
and the player then goes and is like "Oh, cool, they put a little hiding place here... AHHHHhHHhh! x_x"

And if they arn't using it to screw with your hiding places, then the mechanic really isn't even doing anything for the game.