The gernade debate

#1Fluxy1223Posted 6/5/2010 8:41:06 PM
Do you believe gernades should be nerfed or be more powerful or taken out all together or just stay the same?

You may start debating
---
I think too much, and not in a smart way.....
#2Aile_WingPosted 6/5/2010 9:30:19 PM
If each person is limited to only two grenades, with the exception of a perk that allows three, then the problem would be solved in my eyes. Yes, grenades in The Conduit did detonate on impact and only bounced off a wall once, which may lead some people to believe that they are broken, but a single grenade cannot kill a player with full health. That being said, a newly spawned player can only kill one player with full health by using both grenades. With three, well, that person would just have an extra one. I suppose a problem that could still occur is players throwing a grenade and then firing to finish off another player. However, if someone is good enough, at least at decent skill level, I don't think that this would be too much of an issue. This is just thinking on my part, and any scenarios played out in my head have the chance of not happening the way I imagine them.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#3Phasmatis92Posted 6/5/2010 10:05:42 PM
I think they're fine as they are power-wise, though I wouldn't mind a way of controlling how long it takes them to detonate after throwing them. (Think Killzone 2's "countdown" system)
#4Synd_DromePosted 6/6/2010 12:53:14 AM
"Any scenarios played out in my head have the chance of not happening the way I imagine them."

That's awesome.
---
COD MWR FC: 5281 1061 2587
#5UltimateFlame13Posted 6/6/2010 10:07:40 AM
maybe just allow 2 frag grenades and then give a choice between 2(3?) rad or flash nades?
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Borderlands, Dragon Age Origins
#6SupahShnipaPosted 6/6/2010 11:28:24 AM
I'd like it similar to halo, 2 of each type only.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#7Sudsy86_Posted 6/6/2010 12:07:00 PM

There's no point in discussing the issues with Tcon1 grenade logistics, since we all know at least that can't be that same.

Anyways, I think two grenades would work well. My reason for two is just to provide someone extra help when he's knowingly being attacked by multiple people up close. Also, I like the idea of scavenging, especially in such a run&gun-friendly game. Whether you can access whatever a dead body has left or a default amount, I think that would remove the need for caches, while still giving people options.

#8DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/7/2010 2:44:10 PM
I think a choice between one frag, one rad, or two flash would be best. Anything that starts you off with enough firepower for an easy kill is just going to be spammed to hell.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#9SupahShnipaPosted 6/7/2010 7:25:23 PM
"Anything that starts you off with enough firepower for an easy kill is just going to be spammed to hell."

Skill x3 from MWR/COD4. Gotta love it.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#10incognito3Posted 6/7/2010 8:38:14 PM
first off, lrn2 spehl, its Grenades.
secondly, being able to throw 6 grenades that take 2/3 health with one hit is ,no question, game breaking.
Also, the fact that they have a huge detonation radius doesn't help.

If it was my choice, no grenades or one grenade that cant be given back to you.
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official bowgun user.Baroth armor ftw
Call me Incognito(3), Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please.