I love me some Single ASE.

#1Aile_WingPosted 6/10/2010 6:21:34 PM
However, what I don't love is having teams constantly trade captures. Red team captures, then Blue team, then Red, then Blue, then... The result is that the team that captures first has the higher chance of winning the match. I've been thinking that it would be nice to have the option in private matches to adjust the respawn time of the ASE in Single ASE to break this up. Nothing big, just zero to thirty seconds at five second intervals. What do you guys think? Do you agree with me that Single ASE has a lot of teams trading captures, or am I making this out to be a bigger problem than it really is?
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#2incognito3Posted 6/10/2010 6:56:33 PM
to tell the complete truth i thought the same way when i play the game. But i totallly agree with that idea.
Another idea of mine is when the teams are uneven that the team with less players should spawn faster so in a 3v2 the 2 at least has a bit of a chance. Those reasons made me think that TO mode wasnt perfect. It had to be a 3v3 with people who knew what they were doing.
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official bowgun user.Baroth armor ftw
Call me Incognito(3), Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please.
#3Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2010 12:04:04 PM
I don't know about the spawning idea, but I'm glad to see that someone else shares my feelings about Single ASE.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
#4sunfalcon9Posted 6/11/2010 2:36:13 PM
I hate single ASE
<_<
Once you have like 1 less player than the other team, your chances of winning go down by like ovah 9000
---
Kirbeh
Argentina
#5SupahShnipaPosted 6/11/2010 5:09:06 PM
I want a 3 capture limit.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#6Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2010 5:20:02 PM
Do you mean per person or in the mode itself? I don't think having to reach five captures in Single ASE is too much, but I wouldn't be against having the option to change the amount in private games.
---
#7SupahShnipaPosted 6/11/2010 5:38:29 PM
I never have been in a game where the 5 Capture Limit was reached, 3 still wouldn't happen too often. I rarely want to play a single match over 10 minutes.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#8Sudsy86_Posted 6/12/2010 12:23:30 PM

I actually don't the respawn time is the issue here. I think the maps size, design, and symmetry are the problem. The pentagon (the map most played in that game) is huge. The distance from the cache area to the middle is pretty far, considering that if the other team gets it while you're not already at the middle, the design prevents you from having any chance at recovering. And the symmetry is what makes the first capturer usually win. It allows them to play with that specific pattern.

The streets is fine. It's small and open. It's going to be decided by gun play, not just whoever gets it first.

The warehouse is fine. It, too, is small and open. People can access every where quickly; so, people have good opportunities to recover, especially with the entry way to the base being wide open.

Instead of going on, I'll cut it short, saying: the large maps are bad for this mode because the size makes the other two factors work against the trailing team. The small maps work because the size allows the other two factors to be variables.

However, I think maybe a 5-10 second respawn time would be enough. And, I don't see why scoring first shouldn't necessarily be an advantage. You can't penalize for being assertive, can you?

#9incognito3Posted 6/12/2010 5:38:17 PM
i see where you are coming from but i look at it like this: You ran to the middle first thing in a daring attempt and arent camping like the other team, you deserve the advantage. And when its 3v2 the team with the 2 DEFINATELY need shorter respawn times.
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official bowgun user.Baroth armor ftw
Call me Incognito(3), Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please.
#10Aile_Wing(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2010 7:25:36 PM
You have a point Sudsy, but what I had in mind was a situation like this: Red team gets the ASE first. Every Red team member protects their player that has the ASE, thereby leaving the ASE spawning location unattended. As a result, Blue team occupies that area and is able to pick up the ASE as soon as it respawns. They too leave the ASE spawning location as they cover their teammate that has the ASE. Red team gains control of the ASE spawning area and picks it up as soon as it is captured by Blue. This cycle continues until the game is won, usually by the team that picked up the ASE first, in this case the Red team. If the respawn time could be adjusted then both teams would have a bit more equal opportunity (that was phrased poorly, I know...) to capture the ASE. This would help to break up this cycle, at least a little bit. But as I said earlier, I definitely understand what you're saying Sudsy. Some maps allow this to occur more easily than other maps.
---