HVS, please make a "Team Tactical" mode

#1BlaeuPosted 6/14/2010 5:45:03 PM
As I was thinking about re-spawn delay, I also started to realize that objective modes get crazy, out of control when it is 6v6. Now, that can be fun, but it isn't for everyone. Large lobbies also increase the chance for bad lag on the Wii, and a missed kill can be much more frustrating in TO than TR since a clutch kill, or miss can make or break the game.

If there was a mode that had a max team size of four (min two) that allowed for 4v4 games, that would be great. It can be a random selection of TO modes that we can play, but by keeping the lobby small, it also increases the chances of finding a group that are not total bastards.

Every since they brought back Team Tactical on MW2, that has been the only mode I have played. The smaller team size allows for much better teamwork and communication.

I know Con2 will play differently compared to a game like CoD, but I think a Team Tactical mode would work out great.
---
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Basically, if you get spanked, turn the other cheek
#2AlkafrazinPosted 6/14/2010 5:47:30 PM
I'd rather see a "warzone" type gametype, like Killzone 2 had, where the actual gametype changes regularly between various objective modes without reloading the map. Something like winning the best 3/5 rounds wins the game or something.
#3Blaeu(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2010 5:54:02 PM
I wouldn't mind having that type of mode. However, the key thing about TT is the four player team size limit, not the mosh pit type mode selection.

Regardless of how they decide to implement the mode selection, I want a 4v4 mode.
---
#4AlkafrazinPosted 6/14/2010 5:56:43 PM
I think more control on the number of players would be better. The whole CoD style online is total trash anyway.
#5MC_Brian1Posted 6/15/2010 7:16:18 AM
I'd like a 4v4 mode where there are 3 spots on the map, and the team on offense has to take the ASE and hack these spots that the other team is defending. You also have a 10 second respawn delay, and only 3 lives.

Think of it as a cross between Search and Destroy and Domination from MW2, though with a more vulnerable ASE carrier. This mode would be tons of fun if it works out the way I picture it.

Anyway I agree TC, a 4v4 mode works well in objective games (but Team Tactical sucks because in MW2 CTF and Domination are horribly broken modes) and it would make sense to include it.
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache
#6thezachsterPosted 6/15/2010 5:31:15 PM
Hey blaeu!
I can't agree with you more it get really hectic even in our no nades games! Btw i got a ps3 and so did combo. My PSN is TheZachster and Combos is Tcom7. I look forward to tcon2 and maybe some games on ps3

Good seeing you around,
Zach
---
Zach- TPC Leader............GI~Zach- Mwii- 2315-6210-4899 Gold Guns: 3
TCon-4554-7727-9847 PSN: TheZachster
#7Blaeu(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2010 9:26:00 AM
I added you Zach, and Combo and I have already played a little MW2.

Anyway, I don't know if Con2 will have any sort of kill streak system, but if they do, it would be nice for them to remove that from this Team Tactical mode as well. I read that IW is considering making or changing a mode to be played with kill streaks disabled and I'm really pushing for Team Tactical.

Many things in a game can make it fun, but they can also take away the skill required to be good at it. It would be nice to limit these in a TT mode.
---
#8TheFoxSorcererPosted 6/19/2010 1:12:36 PM
Make this so. I agree with everything that Blaeu said in his first post, and this needs to happen. The great thing about a TT mode is that it generally attracts more 'serious' players who don't abuse the...easily abused things in a given game. I'd certainly like to see that in Con2. *Nods*
---
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x317/HellcatChelle/5-9-200941420PM.jpg
M5EM83 -- TEC4LIFE