Online idea

#1AlkafrazinPosted 6/14/2010 6:52:27 PM
Probably another pointless topic, but, for online, maps are obviously going to vary in size; some will be great for 4 players, others will need 12 to keep the action going. So, howabout making it so that smaller maps don't get played in crowded lobbies online? How to achieve this varies depending on the online system, but one thing I hated about every online shooter without dedis or game lists was joining a game only to find that there's not enough people for me to find a target, or having an overcrowded sprayfest in a tiny map with too many players. The Call of Duty fix for that isn't great, either; only allowing the game to play when you have between 8 and 12 players.(more or less for other gametypes)

I mean, really, no one liked 4-player Combat Hall or 12-player Shipment.(8 was too much. That was such a 2-4player map.)
Another thing that could work is, in spite of this already being "confirmed" not to be in the game, bots for the online mode to fill in player spots when there aren't enough players, with a "max players" option to look for bigger or smaller games. I hope that this last fix is at least considered for a sequel.
#2Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 6/14/2010 10:34:12 PM
I wish that the system was more like in Halo where they don't want you to leave games, but that won't happen... But yeah, this would be nice, because although small maps with lots of players *can* be fun, it often sucks (and vice versa).
#3incognito3Posted 6/14/2010 11:24:40 PM
i thikn you posted on the wrong baord.
Im here to talk about Conduit 2, not here someone complain about what they didnt like in Call of Duty, okay??
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official bowgun user.Baroth armor ftw
Call me Incognito(3), Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please.
#4Alkafrazin(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2010 2:02:47 AM
One sentence citing the game as an example... A single one.

Quit trolling.
#5incognito3Posted 6/15/2010 12:06:51 PM
two sentences that took the entire page. i still dont want to hear it if its one word or one page.
---
Are you picking up what i am putting down?The official bowgun user.Baroth armor ftw
Call me Incognito(3), Martian, Pwnage, or THE ranter, if you would please.
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/15/2010 12:35:17 PM
Two sentences that took up less than two lines of text.
Crymoar.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.