this may sound really stupid and highly unlikely...

#1Neo-ganonPosted 6/16/2010 12:35:12 AM

but i would actually like to see a spin-off of the conduit series on the 3DS. I mean it can handle all the graphical capabilities and the multiplayer (MPH was pretty good). And it wouldnt have to be part of the main story, but rather as a backdrop. like maybe it could follow characters only mentioned in the conduit 1. what do you think?

#2N64FTWxDPosted 6/16/2010 1:11:40 AM
Your tittle nailed what I was gonna say.
#3The_ShaderPosted 6/16/2010 8:27:38 AM
The 3DS is getting HAMMERED with very excellent franchises. Conduit would have to turn ALOT of heads in order to get buyers.

Besides, HVS has been working on a Wii engine, i dont think they could transfer Quantum 3 to the badass new handheld.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#4Neo-ganon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 11:52:17 AM

hmm i see what u mean. oh well, just thought it woulda been cool to take TCon on the go.

#5elheberPosted 6/16/2010 1:51:04 PM
I'm getting a 3DS on launch day. Even if it means a sleeping bag and a lawn chair.

I would love a Conduit game for it. Here's hoping Conduit becomes a long running franchise. *crosses fingers*
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/16/2010 10:01:47 PM
IIRC, the 3DS is very similar to the gamecube hardware. In other words, it would be very easy to port The Conduit and Conduit 2 to it, as almost no reworking of game could should have to be done.
However, it is also likely that the games could not run as well as they currently do, and given that they don't currently run that well at all, that would be a huge no-no. Maybe if it was properly optimised for the smaller screen-size with the LOD bias, and the effects were tweaked.

But since we don't have a 3DS spec sheet, there's no way to really know.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.