The Conduit 3D. Quantum 3D engine. Come on, you know you want to.

#1Dark_GaiaPosted 6/16/2010 8:23:08 AM
Who thinks there should be a 3DS version of The Conduit? What I like about The Conduit is that some of the weapon have clear beam and laser that you can see flying right at you from the guns. Games with normal weapons don't allow you to see the bullets unless it's some lame bullet time crap. Imagine seeing the laser beams pop out in 3D!
#2The_ShaderPosted 6/16/2010 8:29:11 AM
Go check the other topic about this same exact thing to see what i think.

or not :)
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#3CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/16/2010 8:32:17 AM
I'm interested in Con2 ATM.

And, Functionally... Shooters are probably not going to benefit from 3D so much as other genres.
Although the wide screen would allow for a lot better FOV probably, which would be super nice.

I'd want them to wait untill the Gimmickyness of 3D wears off.
I threw up in my mouth a little bit during sony's killzone 3 demo, with all the blatant things they did to 'show off' the 3D, It was worse that tactless product placement.
#4sticklife123Posted 6/16/2010 10:35:50 AM
FPS not being as good in 3D? You sure?

I think it'd be the best series. Bullets flying out towards you... hell yes!
---
Please join my site!
www.gamervision.co.uk
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/16/2010 11:01:37 AM
last I checked, you don't typically see bullets.
And there really would be no benefit if you could see them coming towards you. it just looks cool.

It would be useful for things like melee attacks, things that require gauging distance like throwing grenades or mortars and stuff.

but for the core gameplay of shooting guns, the BENEFIT of 3D would be limited, almost non-existant.
#6Dark_Gaia(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 11:12:33 AM
That's why I kept saying lasers in my post.

Imagine dodging the lasers by moving your head. The 3DS has a camera capable of head tracking. I'm sure everyone has seen the DSiWare game that uses head tracking, right? Imagine The Conduit 3D combining stereoscopic 3D along with head tracking 3D illusion into the game. So you'll be dodging shots by really moving your head.
#7CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/16/2010 11:43:41 AM
even if you could dodge them... They'd have to be pretty slow in order for anyone to ever pull it off.
You'd just end up with an ineffective weapon made even less effective because of the fact that people could dodge it.

Its tacky.
having 3D doesn't suddenly give you the ability to dodge lasers, you could always have implimented that. It just wouldn't have looked as cool.

Benifits of True 3D will come naturally, the changes made to the design/gameplay need only be subtle because of how well 3D has been simulated on 2D screens.
#8elheberPosted 6/16/2010 1:55:15 PM
In a FPS the screen is the character/player's eyes. If something were to "pop out" of the screen, it'd be something going through the character's head. That seems like it'll feel wrong, since it stands to reason that the player shouldn't be able to see things at the back of his skull.

I'm still psyched about the idea of 3D married with the Conduit franchise.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.
#9Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 6/16/2010 9:34:32 PM
Maybe for a console, but I don't like the idea of a 3d FPS on the 3DS. It seems like it wouldn't work very well, I don't really know why.
#10DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/16/2010 10:11:53 PM
Are you joking? 3DS is the perfect console for a FPS, 3D or no.

You know you can turn the 3D effect off, right? Seriously. Just dial it down.
It has a higher resolution than 320x240 for the top screen, has enough visual power to handle classic PC games as well as some spiffy new dev'd for the console games touch-screen for ultra-precision, analogue movement... It is currently the best portable system to put FPS on, and I'd honestly say it stacks up with the Wii for it just on previews alone.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.