Only 5 new maps?

#1psychobrewPosted 6/16/2010 9:47:16 AM
http://hvs-network.ucoz.com/news/conduit_2_footage_interview/2010-06-16-125

According to the interview, there are only 5 new maps. First 007 has only 5 maps, and now this. What's this world coming too? 5 maps aren't nearly enough!!.

On another note, it appears there's a weapon that will turn you invisible. Sweet!!
#2CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/16/2010 9:51:53 AM
To be fair, each map looks like it took 3X the effort of a map from Tcon.
#3Aile_WingPosted 6/16/2010 9:53:04 AM
I agree. Only five new maps? Unacceptable. If you include the two maps from the previous game that are going to be put into Cobduit 2, that leaves us with only seven maps, the same exact number that The Conduit had.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#4ddd87Posted 6/16/2010 9:53:14 AM
Thats terrible!!
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/16/2010 10:00:07 AM
cross your fingers for DLC.
#6Aile_WingPosted 6/16/2010 10:01:31 AM
^ Oh, I am.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
#7RichieGamerPosted 6/16/2010 10:02:51 AM
Yeah I agree, HVS failed at maps.
---
~RaLoZ~
#8psychobrew(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 10:17:12 AM
Well, I'm guessing we'll be getting......

An outdoor environmental map.
A city map (indoor and outdoor).
A snow map (outdoors, obviously -- fighting in the snow rocks).
A water map.
An indoor map (would love this to be the White House).

All the bases would be covered, but without variety, the game will get stale way too quickly. I don't really care about the inclusion of the old maps since I've already played them to death. I guess if the maps are good enough (i.e. varied weather, a number of objects appear in different places every match, etc.), I can live with it.

I would love to see:

A forest map (with snow, rain, fog, or fair weather, or preferably, a mix of all four).
A spaceship map.
A small town map.
A volcano/lava map (complete with environmental hazards).
Hugh Hefner's mansion map (complete with eye candy).

Then again, some of the maps in CoD:MWR seemed extremely repetitive even though there was a large variety.
#9The_ShaderPosted 6/16/2010 10:22:31 AM
Well honestly, maps are fine if they are fun. Even though N64 GoldenEye had just a few maps, all me and friends play was the Temple and.... that library/bunker/facility one. My point is, if theres just ONE good map, HVS did a good job :)
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#10Aile_WingPosted 6/16/2010 10:31:13 AM
^ The problem with that is that "good" is subjective. You may consider the forest map to be the "good" map, but what if I label another map as "good"? It would be better if HVS added more maps than just focus on one to make it the "good" map. And don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying quantity over quality. I'm saying there needs to be a balance between the two, and with so few maps I don't believe we have that.
---