What do you like and dislike about Conduit 2 so far?

#21CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/17/2010 7:43:54 PM
"Even non-gamers who will brag about how terrible at games they are will call Metroid Prime 2 an easy game."
Obviously not since nintendo got enough complaints about it to actually go in and make the game easier for Trilogy.

"Considering how "hard" the fanboys called Metroid Prime Hunters back when it was new? Claiming it was impossible to hit ANYTHING without using morphball?"
I've never heard anyone say that... you sure you're not making it up?
#22UltimateFlame13Posted 6/17/2010 7:52:09 PM

Like: Everything but lock on.
Dislike: lock on.

I seriously hope that there's a hardcore mode in this game.

this summed up my thoughts well
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Wanting: Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Starcraft 2, AC Brotherhood
#23SupahShnipaPosted 6/17/2010 8:00:55 PM
"I've never heard anyone say that... you sure you're not making it up?"
I barely played the game, but I heard it a lot from my friends and on the interwebz.

Also, I dislike the SCAR being Full-Auto. I used to play Halo 2 a LOT, so the Burst-Fire SCAR felt very comfortable for me.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#24DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/17/2010 9:53:16 PM
Obviously not since nintendo got enough complaints about it to actually go in and make the game easier for Trilogy.

Metroid has a large, noisy fanbase. That's all.

I've never heard anyone say that... you sure you're not making it up?

Positive. I saw it all over forums, fan reviews, everything. I still see it on Metroid Prime boards, sometimes, and frequently in online RPGs, I hear people claim that Metroid Prime 3 also had terrible controls because lock-on could be broken more easily.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#25CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/17/2010 10:21:26 PM
Positive. I saw it all over forums, fan reviews, everything.

Welll... I guess it would be a fair complaint if it was like... A main MP game.
Because the game really isn't about aiming and shooting. In the 2D versions, I mean How hard was it to aim in that? Thats probably why they included lock on in the first place, not to make it easier, but to de-emphasis it.
Aiming is something they shouldn't be doing.

BUT... MPH is so far detached from all of that. Complaining there is just showing that they don't understand what that game is.

I never saw anybody complain, probably because I was surrounded by players like Vermanubis, NDS, Ewic, Crayer, Weavelgod, etc.
The think I heard more complaints about than anything else was Alexxx letting Ewic into F5 w/o making him join F5x first.
I bet the effects of that controversy reached even here :p
#26DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/17/2010 10:32:38 PM
Welll... I guess it would be a fair complaint if it was like... A main MP game.
Because the game really isn't about aiming and shooting. In the 2D versions, I mean How hard was it to aim in that? Thats probably why they included lock on in the first place, not to make it easier, but to de-emphasis it.
Aiming is something they shouldn't be doing.

Actually, Metroid series was one of the few where you could, in the 2D games in the series, aim independantly of movement. In that sense, it was closer to the free-look standard of FPS games.
One of the main reasons I found it to be a poor design choice. You actually did have to, and get to, aim freely in Super Metroid, but it was completely removed in Metroid Prime, even from being an option.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#27Phasmatis92Posted 6/17/2010 11:13:12 PM
I actually like SCAR now being auto; I hate burst fire weapons, the pause always come just when you need one more bullet to kill your enemy or save yourself.
#28ddd87Posted 6/18/2010 3:32:23 AM
I ve played the multiplayer in MP Echoes Wii, its not broken at all, and certainly lock on didn't help at all at my sligthly inexperienced brother.

In that game, you can escape lock on by boosting, and I think there should be something like that in C2.

And I have yet to find anybody that call the Primes easy games.
#29HaShrikePosted 6/18/2010 5:46:21 AM
The sort of people who would claim that the Prime games are too "easy" because of lock on are the people who gave the original Prime game bad scores because it didn't play like a typical console fps by having the second analog stick aim.

Those people are completely missing the point.
#30DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/18/2010 12:02:01 PM
The sort of people who would claim that the Prime games are too "easy" because of lock on are the people who gave the original Prime game bad scores because it didn't play like a typical console fps by having the second analog stick aim.

No one said Metroid Prime is bad. Ever. Seriously, where do you get this ****?

I think I see a butthurt fanboy.
---