Sooo.... About reducing the jump height.

#1CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/17/2010 7:14:35 PM
Since this is something many are hoping for, and seems to be observed.

I hope the also reduce the vertical splash damage for explosives, as that is kinda one of your biggest defense against them

Also, I don't think it will prevent bunny hopping either.
It may be easier to shoot people who bunny hop, but it will also make it easier to learn how to do.

Which is better, having it be easy to fight and easy to do, or hard to fight and hard to do?
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/17/2010 7:51:30 PM
Considering lock-on is back, I get the feeling that part of the dev team wants an easy game that anyone can play and instantly be good at.

What would be nice is if jump height or speed were improved for "hardcore" modes, and for that matter, if hardcore modes were present.
Personally, I don't really care about jump being nerfed; it's still there, I can still jump whenever I want, even if it's a short hop. I've played lots of games with it, it's not that bad. Lock on, however, is gameruining.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#3RisenTerranPosted 6/18/2010 6:32:32 AM
Yeah whats wrong with Bunny Hopping? It's an FPS staple at this point XD

So far I'm mixed on all the Conduit News lately, but this wasn't one of my concerns -_-
---
Ya, Im the guy who used trig to prove the Black Comet was far bigger than the Ark. There is now proof that Shadow's Chaos Control cant be rivaled by Sonic's.
#4psychobrewPosted 6/18/2010 9:00:57 AM
They should make it so bunny hopping causes damage to the bunny hopper and/or subsequent jumps in a row become weaker and weaker (you do grow tired, right?).
#5CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2010 9:10:08 AM
They should make it so bunny hopping causes damage.

WHY?!
>>>>>>>>>>>.>>>>>>>>>>>

That is just... WAYYYYYYYY too far.
#6BlaeuPosted 6/18/2010 11:20:38 AM
I've never understood the complaints about bunny hoping, especially on the Wii. Just shoot them. It isn't any harder when they bunny hop. It is easier to land a head shot on someone who is jumping all of the time than it is when someone looks at the ground on CoD.
---
"Paladin's can't use the helm of disintegration."
I hate stupid people... so much.
#7The_ShaderPosted 6/18/2010 11:38:14 AM
Hey Blaeu! welcome back! (i'm a little late saying that but whatever.)

Yeah.... i never had a problem with people bunny hopping. it didn't really make a difference, but it somehow felt harder to kill those that did, compared to those that didn't.

-_- Lock-on does NOT center the screen on your target anymore... we can stop talking about it now >_<
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"