ok, i think lock-on is "fixed"...

#1donkeypunch1116Posted 6/18/2010 10:28:33 AM
around the 1:43 mark in this vid, it shows someone "locking-on" to an opponent. however, when the opponent jumps, the screen does not "move" to track the opponents jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFYSvN3JoDY

what do you guys think? fixed or the same as tcon?

---
Modern Warfare Reflex: 3426 0715 8657 tag: PUNCH
#2LilroscoPosted 6/18/2010 10:33:47 AM
Most likely fixed, HVS really did a number on this sequel. No more worries.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#3BlaeuPosted 6/18/2010 10:40:30 AM
You know what is rarely talked about when people talk about lock-on? How hard it was in TCon to lock on the to guy you wanted to when there were more than one on screen.

I've accepted the fact that HVS feels the need to include some sort of lock-on with their game, but I need to be able to lock-on to the guy in the center of my screen, not the guy who is closer to me and a little to my right.
---
"Paladin's can't use the helm of disintegration."
I hate stupid people... so much.
#4Aile_WingPosted 6/18/2010 10:45:34 AM
It's so hard for me to tell if it has been changed or not. It does seem to follow the locked-on player some. I think. I don't know... I need a "pro" video to be able to determine if any change has been applied.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/18/2010 10:46:04 AM
You'll need to kill them both eventually right? :p
What I did is I made my dead zones really big, so that when I lock onto the wrong person, I can still rather easily kill the guy I meant.

I do have one HUGE problem though, and that is locking onto warping people.
Somehow, the person who is warping around the screen is ALWAYS closest to you, so no matter who you are looking at, or how close you are to them, you'll somehow manage to lock onto the guy that's nowhere to be seen.
And as a result you're made COMPLETELY vulnerable.
#6SupahShnipaPosted 6/18/2010 2:30:58 PM
I have no problem with a "Loose" or "Soft" Lock-On, which is what they seem to be using.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/18/2010 2:40:57 PM
I do.

It's fine and good for the kiddies, but I'd much rather play something actually competitive.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#8SupahShnipaPosted 6/18/2010 2:45:49 PM
"It's fine and good for the kiddies, but I'd much rather play something actually competitive."

A "Loose" lock-on actually requires some skill. I'd take it over the old one any day.

But I agree, I'd rather have a No Lock-On mode.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES