Wait times of 30 seconds to 1 minute in between matches

#1UltimateFlame13Posted 6/20/2010 4:44:09 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere so sorry if it is...
http://www.roboawesome.com/?p=12153

One of the more important parts...

Additionally, lag time time present in between matches due to the complicated menu system will be pared down to the bare essentials, as Sullivan and team promise wait times of 30 seconds to 1 minute in between matches!

Is this the first time they've really mentioned the wait times while finding matches? Either way that was a major complaint about the first game. If they really can get the wait times down that low that would be awesome.

Also a few interesting highlights of the article...

However, Sullivan insisted that they’re taking a bigger and better than ever approach to the game’s multiplayer, confirming a Modern Warfare-like perk system made up of suit upgrades, and hinting at the inclusion of vehicles (!!!) into some of the larger levels.

I thought Tony said no vehicles awhile ago :\.

I was versed on several of the over 20 new weapons being brought to the table for use, and can tell you that Conduit 2 is looking to be Halo-quality in its scope of weaponry.

Something makes me think its not 20 new, but just 20 or so total that he means. That would really conflict with most of the info we've been getting wouldn't it?
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Wanting: Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Conduit 2, AC Brotherhood
#2ddd87Posted 6/20/2010 4:54:28 PM
Yep, I posted the same article in the e3 topic but from a different source.
I wouldn't read too much into the weapons comment.
#3TheRedneck14Posted 6/20/2010 5:00:25 PM
As long as the White Quarter Circle of Death is gone I don't care how long the wait is.
---
Supreme Overlord of Generation 90's
Please call me Joe
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/joecb1991.png
#4LilroscoPosted 6/20/2010 5:09:02 PM
Shweet!! and with the spawn glitch fixed and patches being pumped when needed, the 1 minute wait is nothing since we'll need a minute to return to reality after being blown away by Conduit 2.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#5psychobrewPosted 6/20/2010 5:09:04 PM
There's a difference between time between matches and time to enter a match.
#6The_ShaderPosted 6/21/2010 6:57:23 AM
The quickest i've ever went into a multiplayer match in The Conduit was about 40 seconds to 1 minute. Seeing how ALL of the original stuff in the sequel is being refined.... 1 minute to get into ANY match at any time is probably gonna happen.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#7Combo_Breaker1Posted 6/21/2010 8:16:38 AM
Just hope they get rid of the "authenticating" junk.
---
C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!!
#8TCJuanPosted 6/21/2010 10:05:07 AM
^ Second that