Callouts

#1SupahShnipaPosted 6/20/2010 6:16:17 PM
Got this idea from Halo: Reach.

Since we now have Chat with randoms(That you've added to your Ally List) how about Callouts? In the bottom left corner of the Reach HUD, it displays the area of the map you are in. I would like to see this in Conduit 2, because in competitive matches and Public Parties you really need team coordination. Making up callouts is hard, because not everyone will know what you are talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIWbjhhAv8Q
Operator Perry pretty much explains them here.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#2BlaeuPosted 6/20/2010 6:31:39 PM
That would be nice. I hate playing with people who do not tell me where they are in a situation where they are not where I would expect them to be. Being able to see their general location at a glance would be very useful.

Would HVS be forced to label sections of their maps in order to do this though? If so, it could complicate callouts if they are not specific enough as then individual players would have to create more specific callouts that do not contradict what HVS has already labeled in order to call out enemy locations.
---
"Paladin's can't use the helm of disintegration."
I hate stupid people... so much.
#3LilroscoPosted 6/20/2010 6:57:06 PM
My question is will the mic still cut off when you die. Then again since you can see whatz happening on other players screen, it would make it extremely unfair but then again this would be mainly for TDM, etc.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#4The_ShaderPosted 6/21/2010 7:18:46 AM
One of the draws to play the original Modern Warfare was the teamwork, especially in Hardcore mode. (theres hardly any of that in MW2 for some reason.)

in Conduit 2.... all thats left on my wish list that HASN'T been answered is the ability to use 'Callouts'. Now i wont be able to without the ability to talk with randoms.... and adding guys to ally's and rival list will help but i need usual players or my ally and rival list will fill up quickly.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#5psychobrewPosted 6/21/2010 7:45:58 AM

The_Shader posted...
One of the draws to play the original Modern Warfare was the teamwork, especially in Hardcore mode. (theres hardly any of that in MW2 for some reason.)

in Conduit 2.... all thats left on my wish list that HASN'T been answered is the ability to use 'Callouts'. Now i wont be able to without the ability to talk with randoms.... and adding guys to ally's and rival list will help but i need usual players or my ally and rival list will fill up quickly.

One of the really cool things about Future Soldier is teamwork will be highly encouraged since your "perks" benefit those around you.