Ideas for online modes

#1ddd87Posted 6/21/2010 12:55:27 PM
They aren't original but they may come in handy, specially the last one:

1:Round Mode

Similar to CS, the entire match is comprised in several rounds, in each round every player has x amount of life/s and the last standing man/team wins the round.
The match would end when someone wins X rounds. To prevent endless spectate, the rounds would end after a certain amount of time if there are no kills, and nobody gets points.

2: Tournament mode

The game randomly organizes a tourny in an elimination fashion.
All matches are played simultaneously and have a time limit, and always 1 vs 1.
The mode would be available only for 4 or more players.

3: Custom Match

Only for private matches.
Here, the host can organize the match by setting all rules, lifes, time limit, weapons, lock on on or off, radar on or off, and more.
This mode would be the easiest to make I guess.
#2Skizam33Posted 6/21/2010 12:58:41 PM
You know what would be awesome? Halo 3 style make your own modes... THAT would be great but I don't expect it at all. But a man can dream!
#3psychobrewPosted 6/21/2010 1:39:57 PM
Halo 3 style or PC style? PC has let you make your own modes since forever.

In any case, I would love to see a team based ASE football.
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/21/2010 1:47:16 PM
I think, for tournament mode, it would be interesting if all players were in the same map, in different enclosed areas, and when one person finished their opponent, it would match them with another person who wasn't in a fight or spectating. When you die, you wait until someone else dies, and then get matched with them. The person who dies the least wins.

As for modes?
Assault
Hardcore versions of everything
Bounty
Mutant/Jugger
DE/similar objective modes, infiltrate the area, plant the bomb/steal the artifact/kill the VIP/blow something up/whatever, single objective
Instagib
a mode where you use the ASE to find randomly hidden messages/stuff around the map, and you scan them to get points/onece scanned, no one else can get a point for it/round ends when everything is found, most points wins/kill people who are scanning things to steal their find
Bounty
the obvious DM/TDM/CTF
Some kind of fortress defense, preferably faster paced and less open/boring than warfare/onslaught
Dark match, gametype where there's a thick black fog, damage is increased significantly, all about stalking and hiding
Classic mode, increased movement speed/no sprint/higher jumps/no reloading or ADS/basically Unreal or Quake
X/Y only weapon type game modes
warp-in game mode, where you choose where you spawn via a 2D view of the map when you die, point and shoot and you spawn there, provided it's not somewhere inaccessible.
Greed
Betrayal

Most of these could even be mutators rather than individual game-modes, and would be better off as such, just for mix/match.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5RichieGamerPosted 6/21/2010 1:51:45 PM
I think, for tournament mode, it would be interesting if all players were in the same map, in different enclosed areas, and when one person finished their opponent, it would match them with another person who wasn't in a fight or spectating. When you die, you wait until someone else dies, and then get matched with them. The person who dies the least wins.

That would be epic, truly amazing.
---
~RaLoZ~
#6ddd87(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 2:16:23 PM

That reminds me of Super Smash Bros Melee/Brawl Rotation Mode but in real time.
Nice
#7Cleon3600Posted 6/21/2010 2:51:19 PM
I want capture points. We need a mode that focuses on full teamwork.
#8ddd87(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2010 8:42:00 AM
bump

I really wanna see some of these modes
#9MrFigsworthPosted 6/23/2010 10:40:42 AM
Now as a casual with only a wii console, and the inability to play others unless at friends, what are some of these modes?

Regardless, I had an idea. Not sure how to best sum it up but its complicated as far as gameplay goes. It's like a cross between hide and seek, Juggernaut, and VIP. Not sure if HVS can do this, but someone "steals" the ASE, and like in Bounty or ASE football they are the target of people. However as an homage to Conduit, in a team based gameplay you would have Prometheus and Trust. One team is charged with protecting that one person, while the other attacks it. Thing is, basing it off the story, you would have...less people on the Prometheus team resulting in a need to use guerrilla tactics. The map would have puzzle places, and hidden shortcuts that only the ASE can find, which would be needed to stay ahead off the pursuing Trust forces. Thing is, The goal of the Trust side is to recapture the ASE, and take it back to their base. The match is timed, and the score goes up based on how long which team cumulatively holds the ASE. Neither team should have too much of an advantage, how this is possible I can't think, but the Trust side would definitely outnumber the Prometheus side so that tactics and team work would have to be utilized to survive.

How's that sound?
#10ddd87(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2010 9:41:37 AM
Bumping one more time >___>

Also want a Boss Battle Mode.
Single and Multiplayer