Voice Actors+ Lock-On + HVS_Tony + Stuff

#1MrFigsworthPosted 6/21/2010 2:37:32 PM
Okay...as a neutral party...like I said before...until someone deleted my thread...I personally hope lock-on stays in the game. However I'll take the hit if it isn't. I do however hope that people would really stop pestering HVS about it. We've restarted so many topics its not funny. There is also the fact that if lock-on is in the game and you don't like it...just don't buy the game. Go buy Goldeneye or COD or something. I'm sure there will be enough buyers to pick up the slack.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion sure, and I stand by mine. There was a heated discussion of this before...unfortunately I don't remember the link to the thread. Creating two different modes would segregate two different types of player categories, allowing for strife amongst friends. This is something Nintendo has made its staple point, no people should be segregated. What if you like lock-on, and a friend does not. You become distanced due to game barrier. If you ask your friend if he's up for a game, he might say "only if its' not lock-on." The result may end in a distancing between friends, maybe even arguments. As a casual gamer, I have experienced this stigmata, with some other friends who own other console games. I like the other systems, but cannot afford them. I have a wii, and around xbox 360 and ps3 owners I am stereotyped as a person who likes a console that is for kids only.

I like the fact that if there is lock-on, you are free to choose whether or not you use it. And if there is no lock-on modes, I might loose a few friends I play with, and will have to deal with them suddenly turning on me and harassing me as some sort of failed gamer. This is something that would make me drop the game. What ever happened to good sportsmanship, camaraderie, and just getting along to have a good time hanging out with your friends regardless of game rules?

Okay...with that out of the way. HVS_Tony, I really would like to know if the voice actors from the first game are returning. So far I've seen you answer a few of the other questions, but this one. All it takes is a short yes or no, and maybe an explanation. Its something really important to me regardless of what others happen to think of the quality when it comes to the actors performances. Other than that...that's all I really have to say.Comments and such welcome.
#2MrFigsworth(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 4:24:33 PM
For any Conduit fans/Hercules fans/Andromeda fans who don't know, Sorbo is supposedly showing up at this event: http://www.shore-leave.com/

So if you would like to meet him, that's where he'll be. Baltimore Maryland, just so more people have a clue. Maybe someone from HVS might show up with him...I dunno.
#3wilzthewildPosted 6/21/2010 8:19:59 PM

You seem to be a very reasonable person. A rare thing on gaming boards. I applaud your view that its all about having fun and not worrying too much about game mechanics.

#4LilroscoPosted 6/21/2010 8:27:37 PM
Well real friends wouldn't care how you play as long as all of you are having fun.....as long as your not cheating. Anyway I'm just waiting for the threads where people start accusing other players of using lock-on when they die 3 times in a row even if they weren't using it.
---
There is no better way to defeat your enemies but to slice and dice em right Link?...oopz forgot you can't speak. Well I guess a simple head nod is sufficed.
#5DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/21/2010 9:57:43 PM
I like the fact that if there is lock-on, you are free to choose whether or not you use it.

And suffer it being abused by everyone else.

And if there is no lock-on modes, I might loose a few friends I play with, and will have to deal with them suddenly turning on me and harassing me as some sort of failed gamer.

Then they aren't your friends anyway.

This is something that would make me drop the game. What ever happened to good sportsmanship, camaraderie, and just getting along to have a good time hanging out with your friends regardless of game rules?

Good question. It's not the game's fault your friends suck. Why not just deal with no lock-on? It's not like it's hard.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#6Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 6/21/2010 10:55:41 PM
Honestly, the lock-on thing got blown WAY out of proportion. I'm going to do my best not start anything, so I'll leave it at that. About the VAs, I really hope they come back, because it's really annoying to have new ones unless they can perfectly imitate the other ones (who were superb, by the way).
#7HVSTony(VIP)Posted 6/21/2010 10:57:24 PM
Being on the animation side of things I do very little with sound. Anything relating to the voice actors is not my dept and I know very little about.

-Tony
#8DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/21/2010 10:58:23 PM
Honestly, the lock-on thing got blown WAY out of proportion. I'm going to do my best not start anything, so I'll leave it at that.

*starts something*
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#9MrFigsworth(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 11:31:09 PM
"""I like the fact that if there is lock-on, you are free to choose whether or not you use it.

And suffer it being abused by everyone else.

And if there is no lock-on modes, I might loose a few friends I play with, and will have to deal with them suddenly turning on me and harassing me as some sort of failed gamer.

Then they aren't your friends anyway.

This is something that would make me drop the game. What ever happened to good sportsmanship, camaraderie, and just getting along to have a good time hanging out with your friends regardless of game rules?

Good question. It's not the game's fault your friends suck. Why not just deal with no lock-on? It's not like it's hard."""

You kind of straw maned the argument here DarkZ. If I read what you said correctly, you chose only a few select things out of my entire statement and then turned them against me rather than actually reading the whole thing. I do believe I said that if you didn't like lock-on, you could buy another game. If I abuse lock-on, as I tend to use it, how is that suffering from it being abused? If anything I am one of the abusers. Its not suffering if you're on equal terms with everyone else, that's called leveling the battle field.

As for them not being your friends...isn't that a bit harsh? What if you knew that person outside gaming, and known them for a long time. You play smash bros, COD, Halo, you name it you played it together. And you decide to play Tcon 2 and that's where you drift apart due to the avid hate/like relationship with lock-on. Are they truly not your friend after all the history you made together?

As for it being hard to free aim, yes it actually is hard for me to free aim. it is very hard because I suffer from a few mental hand eye coordination issues. I have a bit of an attention deficit issue when there are too many targets or events going on at once. I get confused and end up freaking out and loosing control of the situation. Lock-on was a blessing for me as even though I died on several occasions, it allowed me to focus on one person at a time and not get harassed by the other distractions in the immediate area. This system allowed me to work past my issues and play on par with some of the more impressive Halo players I've met. Don't get me wrong, I do like COD and Halo, I think they are great games. I just can't play them well at all. I pretty much died all the time when I played at my friends house. The only thing I could play reliably was campaign. Thanks to the Conduit's lock-on system, I got better adapted to busy environments. I can now free aim on occasions I couldn't before, but at times still need the lock-on mechanic.

My friends suck? I would say that you have pretty much cemented yourself as a troll in my mind at this point. Which means furthering this argument with you is pointless. When I say you are entitled to your own opinion, I meant it. However when you attack me or my friends I have to draw the line. I would appreciate maybe a small apology on your part for the way you expressed your opinion, you could have tried harder to uphold some amount of respect for your fellow man.

If you don't, and instead continue to straw man this topic, You'll just cement yourself as a man who has no morals and takes pride in the suffering of others just because he doesn't have to uphold moral structure in an online conversation. Thank you for your comments, do not give any more unless they are well structured and respectful. It would be appreciated.

Thanks to Lilrosco, Wilzthewild, and DarkZ for your comments.
#10MrFigsworth(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 11:35:56 PM
Also, thanks to Kirby_Pwns_All and HVSTony for your comments. Mr. Tony, thank you for letting me know your position as per that particular question. Now I know not to ask it any more. I hope you are getting enough rest during your projects. As an up and coming artist, I have spoken to a few people in your field of work and know how hard it must be to keep things working. Thankfully you have the rest of the team to help, good luck with the rest of development, I hope to see what you have in store for us come the game's release.