Kill Cam, good or bad.

#1agoajPosted 6/21/2010 11:51:11 PM
It doesn't look like Conduit 2 has a Kill Cam, which is when the game shows you the person who killed you when you die. It's a great feature in Team Fortress 2 and COD and I hope they add it. Takes some of the frustration off when you die to someone you weren't aware of.

Plus, who needs to see their hand slap the pavement again.
---
"dammit! It's you, I, we, chicks." - Austin P
"We don't likes it" - Nicholas23 on Ninja Gaiden Xbox
#2donkeypunch1116Posted 6/21/2010 11:53:12 PM
kill cam would be cool. i cant see any reason as to why it would be a bad thing, but im sure someone here will lol

---
Modern Warfare Reflex: 3426 0715 8657 tag: PUNCH
***pizza and colt 45: the unofficial meal of conduit 2***
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/22/2010 1:59:13 AM
"gives away a sniper's location" is the biggest argument I've seen against it from a gameplay standpoint(which is dumb. shooting gives away your position. grow a pair and move to a new location.) but I think the main issue is technical limitation. Can it be implemented? Can it be implemented well?

I believe Tony said something about looking into the possibility of a Killcam for Conduit 2, but that was about it. I think the likely case is that it either isn't done, or just wasn't worth it.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4naruto3336Posted 6/22/2010 2:46:08 AM

I mean there should be a suit upgrade in which you can't be seen in a kill cam. If balanced properly, it can work. But unfortunately Wii don't have enough memory.

#5ElniguelPosted 6/22/2010 8:14:25 AM
I dont think its possible. They didnt put it in cod reflex (IIRC) because it takes up too much RAM or something like that, so I doubt it would be put in Con2
---
Hey, its true...
#6SupahShnipaPosted 6/22/2010 8:40:49 AM
Kill Cams in COD just make me rage even more. I get so many "On my screen I shot/knifed him!". Or an across the map danger-close one-man-army noobtube that hits a building 50feet away from me and I die.

Game Winning Killcams though, would be great.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#7The_ShaderPosted 6/22/2010 8:49:27 AM
i cant believe they kept Noobtubes AND added something so that people get infinite tubes.....
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#8SupahShnipaPosted 6/22/2010 8:58:59 AM
"i cant believe they kept Noobtubes AND added something so that people get infinite tubes....."

I know. Horrible idea.
Why do I like Sci-Fi FPS's so much? No noobtubes.
---
MWR Screen Name - Pur1fy | The Conduit Screen Name - Pure | MOH:H2 - Pur1fy
http://www.youtube.com/user/SupahShnipa - COMMENTARIES
#9UltimateFlame13Posted 6/22/2010 9:30:13 AM
I'm not a big fan of killcams. It usually just irritates me when I knifed the guy on my screen but on their's I was just standing there stupidly >_>.

Why do I like Sci-Fi FPS's so much? No noobtubes.

QFT

---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Wanting: Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Conduit 2, AC Brotherhood
#10BlaeuPosted 6/22/2010 10:00:25 AM
I remember reading somewhere that it is a RAM issue as well. I do not think they Wii CAN implement kill cams, at least not in the way they are currently used on other systems.

I had watching a kill cam and going, "that is SO not what just happened." I mean, I just love turning a corner on MW2, shooting someone, having them kill me, then watching the kill cam and it showing me not firing a single shot. I hate lag... so much.

However, that happens with or without a kill cam to make you rage. I would like to have them if the Wii were able to use them. I have always been a fan of the kill cam being disabled if you get a head shot. If a sniper doesn't want to reveal his position, get a head shot.
---
"Paladins can't use the helm of disintegration."
I hate stupid people... so much.