Kill Cam, good or bad.

#21DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/24/2010 7:20:29 PM
Am I the only one who likes to learn from how people killed me? Like, in CoD, when I die and don't know WTF just happened, I see someone was using a really good flanking path to get at me from the side. For all I know, they'd been tracking me for a while, and just decided to attack right then.

Killcams are fundamentally a good thing for a competitive game, as it helps everyone improve without the use of a crutch.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#22MrFigsworthPosted 6/24/2010 7:21:14 PM
If it makes the game better, I say screw realism. If you want realism, Far Cry is right there, along with Far Cry 2, and the Battlefield series. All different kinds of realism. Not to mention that it's multiplayer. It's not like, when you get shot in the head, you suddenly float up and see your corpse for a few seconds before magically poofing to a new location, completely unharmed. The alternative isn't any more realistic.

Sadly I don't have a decent gaming PC or any other console other than the Wii. So I can't play those games. My family is also on a limited budget so I also only ever get about 2~5 games a year. As I have a DS and a Wii...I have to chose carefully what I want. My mom is into gaming as well so that's another reason I limit myself. I don't have COD as I spent my time with a lot of strategy games and RPGs last year. This year I'm holding out for Golden Sun, Conduit 2, Other M, and a couple others.

I was only allowed two PC games as my mom uses her computer laptop for work, and I chose RTS games as I'm a sucker for strategy games. Poor man I am, someone send me a 360 for free so I can play modern warefare 2 or something...and pay for XBL cause I know we couldn't afford it right now XP.
#23Sudsy86_Posted 6/24/2010 7:26:32 PM

Umm..Bad? If someone you're not aware of kills you, what does it matter how they defeated you? You obviously wouldn't have countered them anyways.

If someone you see kills you, what does this add?

If you have a good angle on another spot which they're not aware of, I don't see any benefits which make giving away position even worth considering...

If information was as vital as it is in BFBC2, killcam would be nice. But information is always there.

#24Mrs_RawrPosted 6/24/2010 7:30:52 PM
Exactly!
My issue is...
It's your own fault for dying!
You put yourself in a bad position and died.
It's over, Just keep going once you respawn
#25DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/24/2010 9:23:06 PM
Well, that's a ****ty deal and all, but it's not right to drag a game in whatever direction you want for the sake of realism.

Though, there's CoD on Wii, as well as some other FPS titles that might fill that more "realistic" niche. I don't recommend the Far Cry on Wii, though. It looks teh crappy.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.