tony just wondering if you all have any plans to make something for the 3ds

#1venusePosted 6/22/2010 3:41:34 PM
i mean after reading about the capabilities of the machine and since it is a Nintendo product i was just thinking it would be cool if you made a new ip for it for its launch or even port one of your new ips to it for its launch. i mean if you could get one of your games on the system's launch i bet it could do pretty well since their wouldn't be a big selection of choices and there wouldn't be as much piracy related to the machine at that time. i would love to see conduit 2 ported to it but im pretty sure that is wishful thinking hahaha. anyways just my own little thoughts and thanks for reading. conduit 2 is shaping up really well and waiting patiently for it :P
---
playing red steel 2, if you want a good game on the wii buy this.
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/22/2010 4:00:16 PM
The system specs are a little below the Wii, so a direct port for a launch title would be a bit difficult, and developing a new IP alongside Conduit 2, or making a sequel/side story for one of their established IPs would be very difficult.

I'd say wait until further down the road and you may see some High Voltage games. Don't count on launch titles, though, as that's quite difficult.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#3ddd87Posted 6/22/2010 4:20:08 PM
The conduit/Conduit 2 would need quite some changes to be ported into 3ds, many touch comands instead of pointer and motions.
But what about the top down version of The Grinder?
#4proair92Posted 6/22/2010 7:00:27 PM
IGN says that the 3DS far surpasses the Wii in processing and graphics capabilities, and might even come close to the 360/PS3
---
PSN ID: TheSobadef
#5venuse(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2010 8:24:04 PM
just to let you know that resident evil 3ds is going to MT Framework, the same technology that powers games like Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5, will be used on the 3DS specifically on Resident Evil: Revelations. link
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/80646/resident-evil-3ds-uses-mt-framework/
this is something that couldnt be done on the wii. so to put it simply it has the abilities to perform graphical effects greater then the wii. although ive heard that the actual ability of it to push polygons is less then the wii.
http://imagequalitymatters.blogspot.com/2010/06/tech-report-how-powerful-is-3ds.html
---
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/22/2010 8:37:40 PM
Sadly, none of those really seem to list any specs for the 3DS.
Most of the effects used in the 3DS launch titles were already ported to the Wii at some point, in at least some basic form. It does look to do better normal mapping, but that's about it so far. For all we know, it could just be that other developers have figured out how it was done in The Conduit.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#7Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 6/22/2010 10:02:25 PM
Considering those are launch titles, it's too early to tell. It would be interesting to see a Grinder 3DS, but I think that they could do something more interesting than that, to be honest.
#8HVSTony(VIP)Posted 6/23/2010 8:02:35 AM
Currently nothing is in the pipe for the 3DS as far as I know. At least anything related to Conduit currently.

-Tony
#9venuse(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 2:40:29 PM
thanks tony :)
---