I really hope they fix that damn counter!

#1monjamania2000Posted 6/23/2010 12:21:47 PM
I just spent more than half of my last multiplayer game watching the respawn clock countdown only to reset itself over and over and over again...

*is currently playing*

Oh look! its doing it again -_-'
---
The Conduit FC= 1505-3469-3188 [Monja]
W@W FC = 1204-4992-7357 [CronicPirate]
#2CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/23/2010 1:33:04 PM
I hate it SOOO much.

But I also found it super interesting that it would happen :p
I always spend the extra time imagining like what might have happened to cause that.

I always come up with elaborate Chain of events explanations like you might see in "Bobby's World"

I mean, because it doesn't really make sense that a timer would not be able to count down properly...
It doesn't get more simple than that, so it only makes sense that something COMPLETELY off the wall is causing it, right? :p
#3monjamania2000(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 11:39:46 PM
Bobby's World???!

holy ****, I havent heard that name in forever!
Damn that was a good show
---
The Conduit FC= 1505-3469-3188 [Monja]
W@W FC = 1204-4992-7357 [CronicPirate]
#4Green_TunicPosted 6/23/2010 11:43:35 PM
I love when that happens. By the way in Bobby's World there are bunny hoppers but you can't jump.
---
Call me Silly_Tunic!!!
http://leakybattery.wordpress.com/ (mah videogame blog)
#5GrnTarsierPosted 6/24/2010 11:32:57 AM
It tends to happen when the game gets out of sync with the other players. So if a player is really laggy or quits, probably by shutting off there wii rather then quiting the right way.

I noticed the timer will countdown faster when this happens and then once it's back in sync it'll count down at normal speed.

Hey, at least the game has a peer to peer networking architecture (I'm guessing) so there's no finding a new host if the server player drops, like in CoD: Reflex. But the peer to peer architecture is also the reason it takes so long to join a match in the conduit, because it has to find and communicate with every player rather then just the server.

I'm only guessing I really know nothing about how they coded the game.