Why is there Lock-On in this game?

#1namVVoaPosted 6/23/2010 6:15:40 PM
I know everyone is saying that it is a ''soft lock on''. However it still follows the enemy, and when I watched the video, it looked really similar to lock-on in TC1. I was actually looking for forward to this game until I saw that video. Does anyone know why HVS decided to include lock-on in TC2, when obviously, many of the players did not like it in TC1?
#2MrFigsworthPosted 6/23/2010 6:29:26 PM
look around the forum and see all the threads about this topic: mine, and several others. Read through them...comment. Then you'll see what's up and we won't have to deal with another one of these already overused lock-on threads.
#3namVVoa(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 6:35:00 PM
Already did that. The only thing I see are ''ATTN: HVS Tony'' topics.
#4MrFigsworthPosted 6/23/2010 6:37:44 PM
try to find a thread under my name, I argued pro lock-on, but you can find other topics of similar lock-on arguments by a few of the people in my thread. Look for their names in some of the other threads. Just search around in general and you'll find them. topic names tend to not summarize all that's in there, so you'll actually have to dig around a bit.
#5DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/23/2010 7:07:31 PM
Lock on is included for some reason or another, I don't know why. Some people like it I guess?
Anyway, the team is looking into no-lock modes, as well as modes with no radar.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#6Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 6/23/2010 8:09:17 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH ABOUT ****ING LOCK-ON!!!!!!! JUST ACCEPT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but if I see another lock-on related topic, I think my head might explode.
#7wilzthewildPosted 6/24/2010 4:26:30 PM

Kirby_Pwns_All posted...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH ABOUT ****ING LOCK-ON!!!!!!! JUST ACCEPT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but if I see another lock-on related topic, I think my head might explode.

^this

it doesn't matter. stop arguing. my brain hurts.

#8Aile_WingPosted 6/24/2010 4:45:54 PM
wilzthewild:
it doesn't matter. stop arguing. my brain hurts.

I become very irritated when people say this. It may not matter to you, but it matters to a great deal of others, myself included.
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/24/2010 4:47:36 PM
Good job bumping a dead topic, GameSpot User 4517016. The argument is pretty much done; The community consensus is generally that the solution is to include gametypes without lock-on. The team over at High Voltage is looking into this, and will hopefully include a "hardcore" version of every game mode, where the lock-on button only works as a highlighter for health, or doesn't work at all.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#10ddd87Posted 6/24/2010 4:58:30 PM
I hope they don't call it "hardcore" or "realgamermode" or something like that....