ATTN:HVSTony I've found the cause of the motion sickness (please fix)

#1WiiThokoPosted 6/24/2010 9:25:10 AM
I was playing Conduit 1 a few day ago, and like always, I got motion sick from playing it. But I finally figured out why it happens. You know how the camera shouldn't move until your reticule is outside the dead-zone? For some reason, the camera still shifts around a bit even when you are in the dead zone. HVSTony, could you please look into this and fix it in Conduit 2?
#2MrFigsworthPosted 6/24/2010 9:31:26 AM
Actually that might be because of your camera style. Since everything is customizable, have you tried looking into that? Reason I ask is because I have a friend who has the exact same issue. He played Conduit while at my house on the Human style camera set up and it made him motion sick, however when I pointed out the other camera styles he could use, he switched it over to Trust. Next time he played, he didn't get that motion sick. Why not try fiddling around with the sensitivity and the camera style until it fits you? You might find that there's something in there that'll help you. ^_^

I don't have my game at the moment, so I don't remember exactly where the camera settings are, but I think they're in a button marked "Camera" or something. Anyone else have some tips for this guy? Hope I was helpful in some way.
#3WiiThoko(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2010 9:35:57 AM
I think I tried some of those, but I'll try them again today.
#4GrnTarsierPosted 6/24/2010 10:43:37 AM
That's the head tilt slider. It adjusts how much your head (camera) tilts while inside the bounding box. It's a cool feature took me forever to figure out what it did. Setting it to zero should keep the camera from moving until it's outside the bounding box.

Hope that helps. :)
#5Brownprouder23Posted 6/24/2010 10:48:39 AM
Anyone know how to fix the camera from going up when zooming? Recently that's been happening to me. I would appreciate any help for this! =)
#6HVSTony(VIP)Posted 6/24/2010 12:01:39 PM
The slight movement inside the dead box is one of the reason our game feels better then other Wii FPS's. You can tweak it to turn it off but I personally (as well as a majority of the major game reviews) love the feeling.

This is the first I heard anyone getting motion sickness so it might not just be Conduit in your case.

Sorry dude, but this is something that just isnt going to be addressed because there are very very few people who fall into this category.

-Tony
#7naruto3336Posted 6/24/2010 1:38:46 PM

I noticed that problem too but it is VERY nice to know that you can tweak it to turn it off. That is a BIG plus for me. :)

#8BainesPosted 6/24/2010 3:10:19 PM
Motion sickness is caused by a variety of reasons, and each affects different people to different degrees. There is neither one single cause nor one single cure.

Personally, the graphics of Doom and Quake make me sick within minutes. Doom can sometimes do it in under a minute, and I'll get sick whether I watch or play it.

The Conduit makes me sick in around thirty minutes.

I cannot think of any other FPS that makes me motion sick (unless I'm already coming under some other physical illness like a cold or fever before I start playing). The various TimeSplitters, Halos, Borderlands, Duke Nukem, Far Cry, Alice, Shogo, and everything else are okay. It doesn't matter if they have screen bounce during movement or the "wheelchair", it doesn't matter the turn speed, the brightness, the distance from the screen, or anything else.
---
Help is a gift that one must never grow to expect. -- Willow (Witches' Brew by Terry Brooks)
#9WiiThoko(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2010 7:43:51 PM
Could there at least be a setting to turn it COMPLETLY off? You can make it 1, but the camera still moves...
#10DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/24/2010 9:20:58 PM
There's a setting to turn it off completely, IIRC.
I believe it's called using the "Trust" camera setting. Human makes it turn like that, Trust makes it turn when looking out of the deadzone, and Drudge prevents turning up or down.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.