Cancles.

#21The_ShaderPosted 6/26/2010 9:21:28 PM
@NoblWolf
Gears of War is pressing a single button, once, at a specific time. THAT IS NOT like the shotgun cancel in TCon.

CoD... you dont even do anything, you reload and if you're any good you'll KNOW when the gun received the bullets and its ok to re-aim down the sights. no quick commands here...

TCon has what MH has in landing... except instead of being crippled to the ground for a few seconds in MH... in TCon, you just get hurt

The Shotgun Cancel is a QCP, the closest analogies to this would be insanely complex fighting games.
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#22elheberPosted 6/26/2010 9:39:45 PM
I can confirm that you can cut reload time by half in CoD games by canceling the rest of the animation with a sprint. You can't ADS or shoot until the animation is over, but you can cut the animation with a sprint. The problem is that the sprint also has it's own ending lag, so this cancel doesn't let you shoot any sooner, even with Lightweight. The only use of this cancel is if you WANT to sprint after your reload, which just lest you sprint sooner.

Anyway, let's not forget about bunnyhopping in the Quake 2 engines.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.
#23The_ShaderPosted 6/26/2010 10:18:45 PM
i recall being able to shoot as a means to cancel the reload animation sooner in MW.... or was it always Sprint? i haven't played in a few months, 4th 360 died on my...
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#24elheberPosted 6/26/2010 10:44:38 PM
I can confirm that MW and MW2 doesn't allow you to shoot or ADS until the reload animation is completely finished, and that sprinting (among other things) cancels the reload animation, and that if you cancel it after the bullets show up on the HUD as reloaded the gun stays reloaded even after the rest of the animation is canceled. I can't say about WaW since I never owned it.

A useful AT in MW2 is Melee Canceling which is canceling the melee lag with equipment, canceling the equipment with weapon swap, allowing for quick successive melee attacks. It's very useful for a Riot Shielder since it requires 2 bashes to kill. On the PS3, it's melee with R3, Hold R2, Tap Triangle, Release R2, melee with R3 again.

Button combo's aren't only for fighting games.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.
#25NoblWolfPosted 6/27/2010 4:32:52 AM
@NoblWolf
Gears of War is pressing a single button, once, at a specific time. THAT IS NOT like the shotgun cancel in TCon.

CoD... you dont even do anything, you reload and if you're any good you'll KNOW when the gun received the bullets and its ok to re-aim down the sights. no quick commands here...

TCon has what MH has in landing... except instead of being crippled to the ground for a few seconds in MH... in TCon, you just get hurt

The Shotgun Cancel is a QCP, the closest analogies to this would be insanely complex fighting games.

I envisioned TCs idea of canceling to be something like how they implemented. Pressing a single button to cancel out a long animation and making it shorter. While not fitting your definition of canceling it does to mine. It's in the game on purpose opposed to the Shotgun Cancel that was a glitch in TCon.

CoD; You can cancel the reloads. Like elheber was saying.

And I said that I liked the stumble. I know that damage is dealt. I would like a small, short animation where the player feels the impact of dropping from a height.

And I have no clue what QCP is. But I am guessing that it's something similar to what WaveDashing and Teching were from SSBM from the vast amounts of comparisons.
---
"I'm NoblWolf". What more needs to be said?
o_O O_O O_o "Your gurl got her jaw stuck, from sucking my ****"