Experience Problems

#1toa1995Posted 6/26/2010 12:48:06 PM
I think one thing that should be fixed in Conduit 2 is the EXP.
I think that the EXP should not just be effected by your kills, what i mean is lets say you play a match and you get 30 kills and 5 deaths. you gain your experience for the 30 kills. then you play another match and you get 5 kills and 20 deaths. you should not just get Experience for the 5 kills you should lose experience for the deaths.

thats just my thoughts
---
Gamers dont die......
they just respawn!
#2Valdimir_DregaPosted 6/26/2010 1:02:09 PM
...no...the only thing that I would like for the exp is being rewarded for helping teammates as well as getting kills on your opponents. Helping teammates should yeild a little more exp though, that way, there's incentive to revive fallen allies and heal those that are in a tight spot in online matches with strangers. It worked pretty well on MAG, even though the community has pretty much died.

As for losing exp for deaths, that's an awful idea that will turn many away, mostly those that aren't that great at shooters but still enjoy them (much like me). All that should be done in that respect is to perhaps implement a KDR counter that others can see in a profile sort of screen. Those are my thoughts.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#3UltimateFlame13Posted 6/26/2010 1:09:44 PM
I agree with Valdimir
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Wanting: Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Conduit 2, AC Brotherhood
#4toa1995(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2010 1:31:19 PM
well ya i did not think of that infact i would only have half the experience if that was added but i do agree with the experience for helping teammates
---
Gamers dont die......
they just respawn!
#57Nobody5Posted 6/26/2010 1:53:53 PM
hmmm...i totally agree with Toa because i thought the same thing when playing COD and Conduit...you should be rewarded for the following:
- # of kills / #of deaths (rounded off)
- assist points for saving a teammate, or hurting an enemy and a teammate finishes that enemy.
-completing objectives (which will apply to the various game modes of course)
#6Mormon006Posted 6/26/2010 3:42:48 PM
"hmmm...i totally agree with Toa because i thought the same thing when playing COD and Conduit...you should be rewarded for the following:
- # of kills / #of deaths (rounded off)
- assist points for saving a teammate, or hurting an enemy and a teammate finishes that enemy.
-completing objectives (which will apply to the various game modes of course)"

The only thing I would change about this is that # of kills should be multiplied by 5 to give the point amount per each kill. Then, take that value and SUBTRACT the # of deaths multiplied by something like 3... (we don't want people losing TOO much experience). So like:
My score: 58 kills
11 deaths

58 X 5 = 290
11 X 3 = - 33
---------
Total XP: 257

Like this :)
#7toa1995(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2010 3:45:09 PM
that is the way i was thinking not like you loose the same Exp you get but you atleast loose some
---
Gamers dont die......
they just respawn!
#8DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/26/2010 3:52:38 PM
It shouldn't be possible to get negative or 0 exp.the idea of getting more exp for doing better is good, but getting less for doing poorly is bad.
You should get exp(not points) for all damage dealt to players, objectives, ect, which should be multiplied by things like killing someone who's near/has your flag, or killing someone who's shooting at your teammate. Penalizing deaths just lends it's self to more camping and people who are so obsessed with their KDR that they only play objective modes and just camp a corner of the map, not helping in anything.
Exp gotten for helping others should far outweigh exp gotten for helping yourself in any team gametype(10x multiplier for saving an ally, ect). In non-team gametypes, the regular exp should be boosted slightly to even it out.
Also, exp and score should be separate. You should get totally different amounts of exp and points for things you do, and points should only contribute to your end-of-game bonus.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#9UltimateFlame13Posted 6/26/2010 3:53:20 PM
I think its fine the way it is where you get less xp for not streaking. The way they have it set up already the deaths do factor in to the amount of xp you get. If you have 20 kills and 20 deaths you're going to be getting way less xp than someone who got 20 kills and 3 deaths. Really you're losing potential xp already from each death because each death is preventing you from raising that xp bonus which would increase the value of your kills.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Wanting: Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Conduit 2, AC Brotherhood
#107Nobody5Posted 6/26/2010 3:55:13 PM
oh thanks Mormon, that makes more sense to what i said.