Experience Problems

#11Mormon006Posted 6/26/2010 3:55:25 PM
But the idea that you can lose XP stops people who play all day every day from ranking up faster and quicker than other players who are actually skilled. This would help if the servers place persons on teams according to ranks, as the ranks would be more legitimate.
#12Mormon006Posted 6/26/2010 3:57:25 PM
Yeah, I liked what you said Nobody. . . it's a good idea.

And the potential XP is still a legitimate way, I just feel that Noobs who just play all the time are going to rank faster and such... I don't know. I do like how they had it in TCon... I'm just trying to offer new ideas :\
#13DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/26/2010 4:15:13 PM
Well, people who play more will get more exp. There's no preventing that because they put that time into it. That's what exp is there for. Rewarding time. Not skill, just time.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#14UltimateFlame13Posted 6/26/2010 4:15:30 PM

But the idea that you can lose XP stops people who play all day every day from ranking up faster and quicker than other players who are actually skilled.

I see what you're saying there but the idea that you can lose xp also freaks out those very same people who play all day (but some how don't get better). When players like that are freaked out about not dying they do every thing they can to not die. That leads to camping and other cheap tactics just because they are more worried about not dying and going into the negatives. While you keep legitimate players who aren't as good out of the higher ranks, you also introduce much more obvious reasons for people to camp.
---
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Wanting: Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Conduit 2, AC Brotherhood
#15MrFigsworthPosted 6/27/2010 7:31:51 AM
I agree with the whole aspect that the exp system proposed here would introduce more camping. There is also the fact that a new rank and exp are used for classes and weapon load outs. If you suddenly lower in rank due to deaths lowering your exp, you loose your preferred class and the class you worked hard to get. This would mean that the weapons you could've used are now locked. This would once again...lead to camping as people would want to keep their weapons.

Keep the original exp system is my vote.