Lock-on has been blown WAY out of proportion.

#51CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2010 8:22:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#52CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2010 8:26:39 PM
"it proves that the eyes do not automatically follow things, and glue your gun to them IRL."
It only prove that because you added the "and glue your gun to them" qualifier. Which is a claim I never made. I only said that your eyes naturally track objects.

Your claim was that tracking things with your eyes is a learned behavior, like unto using the reticule to control the camera. Which is not the case.
Just by observing the nerves that connect the eye, and its muscles to the brain. They are Literally the furthest away from the conscious part of the brain. You don't learn how to follow objects with your eyes anymore than you learn to blink.

A quick example of the autonomously of the processing that goes on...
Shake your hand in front of your face, and notice how blurred your fingers become.
Then hold your hand still, and shake your head.
Your brain automatically takes information from your your skin, the muscles in your neck, the ligaments, your inner ear, And uses all this information to automatically adjust the movement of your eyes to keep the image clear of whatever they are following.

While you MAY be able to 'follow' an object in the corner of your eye, in the mean time, your eye is focusing on and following what is in front of them, and automatically taking information from the HUGE system that incorporates senses that you are not even aware of, and using it all to keep that object fixed.

Try this, follow an object in the corner of your eye while shaking your head.
For one, this is going to make things Extremely more difficult.?
Secondly, you will notice that there is an object infront of you that will NOT be blurry, because your eyes are tracking it without any conscious effort on your part.
While you may be focusing your mind on another object, your yes keep up their natural function of following object right on without you. and there is nothing you can do to stop them.

"Come to think of it...

and influenced by ocular reflex."
What are you trying to say here?
#53DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/28/2010 9:59:05 PM
Most of what you said is outright false, most of those things did not go the way you claimed they would(yup, I did them, again, just to be sure) and you still learn a crap ton of things that are far from conscious thought.

And you STILL will track things on-screen just as naturally as you track things in life. Lock-on provides 0 natural assistance, is in no way any form of natural tracking, related to it in any way, ect, ect.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#54CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2010 10:16:08 PM
And you STILL will track things on-screen just as naturally as you track things in life. Lock-on provides 0 natural assistance, is in no way any form of natural tracking, related to it in any way, ect, ect.

This is about keeping these object on screen. Your eyes move to keep objects in your view with no effort on your part. Lock on helps to provides this same natural feeling.
#55bulbinkingPosted 6/28/2010 11:03:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNKny-Dw_4A

lock on ruined the game

also, infinite radar and buggy jittery controls
---
I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of seeing death before it reaches me.
OGN: The Operator (FC's in profile)
#56CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2010 11:26:21 PM
Was it lock on that ruined Tcon, or the lock on exploit?
If your issue is lock on, then DON'T use the lock on exploit to justify it.

Just say "I don't like lock on because it lowers the skill gap between players, and it takes emphasis away from skills that I feel are fundamental to a shooter" or whatever your reasons are, and THEN there can be a very constructive discussion.

That is what this topic is about. People who say lock on is something it isn't so that they can get what they want, rather than keeping it down to earth and allowing the problems to be addressed.
#57DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/29/2010 11:35:36 AM
This is about keeping these object on screen. Your eyes move to keep objects in your view with no effort on your part. Lock on helps to provides this same natural feeling.

No it doesn't. Pointing your wiimote where you're looking does. All lock-on does is give fail players an easier time not failing, and less incentive to get good.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#58CHAINMAILLEKID(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2010 11:57:25 AM
That's REALLY only if you set up your controls without a dead zone.
Some of us like to be able to point our gun in a different direction than we are looking.
#59DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/29/2010 1:20:13 PM
Not really. The Conduit was designed with the deadzones in mind, and there's that "view" or whatever setting to fix that.
---