The Official Lock-On Thread

#1MrFigsworthPosted 6/27/2010 11:06:40 PM
In an attempt to lessen the amount of Lock-on threads popping up, I figured I'd put this up. Rules: none. Anything lock-on related goes in here...ANYTHING. Compromises, polls, thoughts, complaints, solutions, you name it. Anyone is free to change the subject, anyone can pose a question or complaint. A heated debate can start, and then start over again. However for the love of this disorganized forum, stick to here so that we have some form of organization. Maybe a mod will come and delete this, or all the other threads. It doesn't matter. This thread, opened by me, is open to everyone to voice, and re-voice their concerns, thoughts, complaints, solutions, etcetera. Repetition and change of subject don't matter, just stick to here. As long as the poster lists what subject their talking about, or a responder lists when they are changing the subject, things should go fine. If things get said repeatedly...that's FINE. Just let;s try to keep things a bit more organized here if at all possible. I'll bump this thread to the top every day until people start using it if they don't...I swear.

Now let the games begin!
#2The_ShaderPosted 6/28/2010 12:37:26 AM
Lock-on is absolutely fine if theres a mode without lock-on.

oh, and by the way, auto-center and 'aiming at the center of the screen' is impossible now that Conduit 2 has a 'soft' lock on. Auto center is non-existent.

hmmm.... that pretty much covers the complaints. but i'm sure people will blame lock-on for getting killed anyways -_-
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#3MrFigsworth(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2010 7:58:38 AM
BUMP! Because only one person actually has posted here. Shader, see if you can get everyone else in here. I see the other lock-on topics being used, move your arguments here people. If you're arguing/discussing on a seperate topic with another person, just post your entry with Reply@_________ and put the name in the blank. Let's clean up folks, move here.
#4_Azeal_Posted 6/28/2010 8:09:49 AM
Never played the first, but I've seen how Lock On can be abused. Perhaps if Lock On just kept the person on your screen, but not centered, just to kind help you not lose track of them in close combat.

Also, not sure if this was in the first, but Lock On should only work in close range.
---
MPH FC: 5156-0451-0965
SW26: "I cower in your presence, Az." <proof I'm awesome
#5MrFigsworth(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2010 8:33:21 AM
Bump...until people get it...honestly!
#6The_ShaderPosted 6/28/2010 9:07:40 AM
@Azeal
"Perhaps if Lock On kept the person on your screen, but not centered"

What part of Conduit 2's SOFT Lock On do you people not understand? Cuz what you just said is EXACTLY what the new soft lock-on does! >_>
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#7CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/28/2010 9:35:31 AM
I think its about ready to die anyway.

I'm certainly done talking about it.
#8GrnTarsierPosted 6/28/2010 9:43:14 AM
Has there been any confirmation from Tony or another Conduit 2 rep that the new lock on is indeed softer? I watched the videos and can't really tell.
#9Aile_WingPosted 6/28/2010 9:50:31 AM
The_Shader:
What part of Conduit 2's SOFT Lock On do you people not understand? Cuz what you just said is EXACTLY what the new soft lock-on does! >_>

Not according to this guy who actually played Conduit 2 at E3.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/55274916
---
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Hebrew 13:3 (NIV)
#10MrFigsworth(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2010 12:11:26 PM
bump!