So, you think anyone will pull together a BAP type thing?

#1LigersRulePosted 6/28/2010 9:46:15 PM
I know BAP was originally formed because of the inability to play a decent public match, due to spawn glitches, bad community, whatever.... Thing is, the matches created by BAP were said to be the funnest the game had. Getting together large groups of people for private matches, with skilled players, voice chat, and controlled games.

Well, I only did BAP for like a week, so I can't really say I was in it, but I think it would be insanely awesome if someone were to start something up like that again, even though that initial starting reason probably won't be as heavy in this game.

Anyway, if there was a BAP type group, how many of you would be interested?
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#2Mormon006Posted 6/28/2010 10:00:29 PM
Definitely the BAP members: Ryudo, Blaeu, Warrior (?), Mormon, Pure, Shader, Sudsy, ICEMAN, Grrrnade, Punchout, Dot... etc.. etc.. etc...
#3UltimateFlame13Posted 6/28/2010 10:11:18 PM
I'd definitely be interested. If no one else mentioned it I was going to bring it up at release. Might as well keep the same name and site too since it looks like Blaeu will be playing again.

I know BAP was originally formed because of the inability to play a decent public match, due to spawn glitches, bad community, whatever....

Actually funny thing is BAP was more of just a random occurrence more than anything :o . It started with atom, celtic, nemo, bleau, me, dsr, and a few others just deciding to play some games together because of a topic celtic started about a private game me and atom just had with him. Everyone was good at the game and it was a lot of fun so we started playing each other regularly making attn topics addressed to Blaeu's Awesome Posse (rather than type everyone names like we were doing previously) because Blaeu was usually the host. Unfortunately we we getting modded for making the topics :\ so Blaeu made a site for us to set up games and chat. It just proceeded to get more and more popular from there. Anyway, there's your random conduit community history lesson of the day.
---
Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been -Albert Einstein
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ V
#4bladester15Posted 6/29/2010 6:34:13 AM
I might be interested if u guys would let me join
---
Country+rap=crap
#5LigersRule(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2010 7:36:39 AM
Yeah, Flame, I was a board member at that time. I remember all that. I know you had like 3 attn topics for all your names before you thought about switching over to the BAP. I also know they got modded for "topic excluding people" or something stupid along those lines....

Anyway, pretty awesome that it's gonna start up again. I loved BAP, I was just always way too busy for it.

BAP was really an open gaming community. Anyone was usually free to join. I assume it will be the same this time around.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#6CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/29/2010 8:06:55 AM
If its popular enough, and all the members buy it, I may revive my own clan.

Even if I can't do that, I have closer ties with another community which gets priority.
http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=494073&st=0

but, I'm sure if that Con2 is as good as I think it will be, then Bap will probably be able to be really successful.
#7Sudsy86_Posted 6/29/2010 10:22:56 AM

I'd be interested. But it all depends who's the head of the show, how decisions are made, and how altered the gameplay is.

If Warrior, Blaeu, Punch, or anyone like them starts it, count me out.

#8UltimateFlame13Posted 6/29/2010 10:40:21 AM

Yeah you can join :D. For anyone else wondering, you don't have to ask or anything. Just go to whatever site we are using when the game is released and start joining in on the games. BAP was a place open to everyone where legit players could gather, set up games, chat, and have fun. It wasn't as restrictive as something like a clan. The only rules I remember were that you couldn't glitch or hack in any of our games (other than those few games we would play where we tried to glitch just for the heck of it).
---
Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been -Albert Einstein
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ V
#9Tony90908Posted 6/29/2010 11:59:33 AM
It's alright Suds...I don't even think War is getting Conduit 2. :P
---
TKO Tony
PSN:FrostedFlakes141
#10donkeypunch1116Posted 6/29/2010 12:11:27 PM
no offence to anyone in BAP, but if the pub matches are truly "fixed" like they are supposed to be in this sequel, then i will probably just stick to those. i honestly just dont have any interest in playing private matches with the same folks over and over again, especially when they like to make up the rules as they go...

---
Modern Warfare Reflex: 3426 0715 8657 tag: PUNCH
***pizza and colt 45: the unofficial meal of conduit 2***