No Health bar?!

#21Sudsy86_Posted 6/30/2010 12:55:45 AM

I agree with Brian (as always).

It's not the functionality that irritates me. It's the conforming to what everyone else does for the sake of it. It would be nice if HVS were willing to actually decide for themselves what will be best for the game, instead of just switching things out for what other games have done whenever there's an issue....

#22Goomba_Owns_AllPosted 6/30/2010 1:29:25 AM
I actually like it when health bars were on the pause menu. Or appear when you get hit.
---
Goomba for SSB4
#23elheberPosted 6/30/2010 1:39:36 AM
If I were given a choice between having an old (really old) feature or a new popular feature, I'd go for the new. Yeah, I'd find it cool if Con2 came up with a innovative brand new way of handling health, but in want of that, I'd rather have an improved popular method than an archaic system.

Everyone copied Halo: Combat Evolved's health regen, and King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie's screen turning red when hurt. It's time to get passed that.

Perhaps a health system like on the Action mod for Quake 2 would've been sweet, where you can bandage (AKA heal) yourself up leaving you vulnerable until you finish. But I'll take the modern method of handling health than the old way.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
#24ddd87Posted 6/30/2010 6:31:20 AM
Gimmie the health bar, the only reason some people wants it out its because CoD doesnt have it.
#25Sudsy86_Posted 6/30/2010 10:49:01 AM

elheber posted...
I'd find it cool if Con2 came up with a innovative brand new way of handling health, but in want of that, I'd rather have an improved popular method than an archaic system.

IN what way is it improved? Or were you speaking more generally? If so, I don't think that is an applicable thought here.

#26CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 6/30/2010 11:33:11 AM
Health should be visible in the targeting reticule, so when you lock on, you see your opponents health, as well as your own.

Also, Shouldn't we have the option? I mean, the HUD is fully customizable right?

Though I'd agree it isn't outright necessary since there is regen.
#27toa1995(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2010 12:36:12 PM
i agree its not necessary but because the hud is suppose to be customizable i think it should at least be an option
---
Gamers dont die......
they just respawn!
#28MC_Brian1Posted 6/30/2010 3:27:03 PM
The last game had regen, but it was very slow. I think they got rid of the extremely slow regen and made it more like the mainstream games, which isn't that big a deal, but I still would like to see my health.

From what we've seen, as the HUD pieces are curved, it looks like that feature probably went to hell too, which just sucks complete ****. Since that feature looks to be gone, we probably won't have the option to display our health bar.
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache