0096 - 2251 - 2110 - 8105....repeat

#1MrFigsworthPosted 6/30/2010 12:01:59 PM
Easily one of the more disturbing pieces of The Conduit which I hope makes a return, the radios and televisions. People say that there is not a lot of story in Conduit, when in fact the main story with Ford, Adams, and Prometheus are a mere part of it. If people go and read the cryptopedia here on gamefaqs...the story is very deep. The fact that the radio stations held by Autumn Wanderer and the other guy get replaced by numbers readings is quite unnerving. Now for those of you wondering what those random numbers stations are from, here is your answer. http://www.archive.org/details/ird059

Now, most may find me odd or crazy or a sissy for saying this, but this series of shortwave radio broadcasts is the scariest thing I've ever heard. Supposedly there would be a normal broadcast one moment, like the weather or a news cast...when all of a sudden for like a minute or more...it would get interrupted by a transmission. Or there would be a frequency that was silent for years, then all of a sudden come to life with one of these. All of the recordings are in the most recognizable languages: English, German, French, Spanish, and even Czech.

No one is actually sure what these transmissions are. One night I heard them from downstairs at night and my mom and dad were away...I turned off my dad's computer (he downloaded the entire series) and proceeded to not sleep well for that night, I was edgy and looking around corners. To this day I still get abnormally jumpy when I here these recordings.

I get nightmares from horror movies (heck I love and played Halo 3 while at a friends, and still get scared by the Flood)...but this series just is creepy on a whole other level. I played conduit with steady aim and then went back through and listened to the radios. When I hit the numbers stations my eyes widened and I was always jumpy while playing after listening for awhile...I had to turn the game off once. Jarrod X. Fulton's broadcasts also got progressively sadder...because we all know that no one made it out of that warehouse.

Anyway, enjoy listening, and remember...you aren't paranoid, you are right.
#2sunfalcon9Posted 6/30/2010 12:06:03 PM
.....Im not sleeping alone tonight....
---
Kirbeh
Argentina
#3MrFigsworth(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2010 12:23:34 PM
Yeah.
#4Neo-ganonPosted 6/30/2010 12:27:01 PM

ill agree with you on the radios. did you know that those numbers that autumn starts saying are part of a code? if you match up the numbers with the corresponding letters of the alphabet, you get a secret doomsday message. and i think that those people got out of the warehouse.

#5donkeypunch1116Posted 6/30/2010 12:27:51 PM
mr figs, i get the feeling that you modded my (joke) lock on topic for being off-topic, even though i specifically also asked for new footage of the game. way to stay classy bud...

---
Modern Warfare Reflex: 3426 0715 8657 tag: PUNCH
***pizza and colt 45: the unofficial meal of conduit 2***
#6donkeypunch1116Posted 6/30/2010 12:29:04 PM
also, numbers really arent all that scary. these transmissions are for people in the "know". if you are not in the know, then dont worry about it.

---
#7MrFigsworth(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2010 12:37:39 PM
Nah, I didn't mod you, I'm one for free speech. I thought it was like my Troll Magnet thread. We need some joke threads around here. I supported your lock on thread about car doors it was LoL. And yes, I know Autumn's was a code. And I know the numbers themselves aren't scary, but its the atmosphere of the transmissions themselves. The fact that even people into codes and stuff like that don't get it. No one really knows what the Conet Project was about. It's fine that you aren't affected by it like I am, but that's you. No one really understands why I get freaked out by it, even I don't. However it still does freak me out.
#8donkeypunch1116Posted 6/30/2010 12:56:22 PM
oh, sorry to jump to conclusions then. i feel like an ass now lol.

as far as the numbers thing goes, its not just radio either. have you ever been in a building and they call out a bunch of seemingly random numbers? i work in a place that does this occasionally , and no one is really sure why. my theory? i think its possibly for security reasons. basically to identify a person of threat, the place, and the activity without alerting the actual person of threat, as well as keeping it quite from the people so no one will freak out lol. thats my worse case scenario theory though, and it could also be used for something as innocent as periodic testing of the intercom/communications system. who knows lol

---
#9MrFigsworth(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2010 12:57:11 PM
"I have never felt so proud to see our military in
action. Unfortunately, the evacuation of this warehouse will have to be
performed in two phases. We are sending the children and those infected by
the bug, as well as one of our sentries, with the first group. Four Marines
will remain and stand guard over us while we wait. They said the wait will
only take a few minutes now that a clear path has been established. It has
been nearly a half hour since the Marines first left us. We don't know how
much longer we'll have to wait, but the Marine unit with us has closed us
inside with Detective Pierson providing some support to them. We're still
hoping that rescue will come for us soon. Our men are starting to grow
fearful of the Marine rescue. We seem to be being taunted by someone outside
that sounds like Jacques Mennard. He is...he keeps saying that no-one will be
coming for us...I...I don't think we're going to receive help. The Marines
have abdicated us, moving to high ground inside the warehouse, so this will
likely be my final broadcast until we are, with hope, rescued. Kylie Simmons,
if you can hear my out there, tell your mom and dad that I said you were very
brave."

This is the last section of the last transmission from that warehouse with Jarrod X. Fulton. Now tell me that they made it out alive. The Trust needs bodies, and they control everything...the emergency alert system went down. It gives conflicting orders to evacuate and stay in your house. Chinatown is desolate, houses with X's are empty with no signs of struggle. Reading that...I don't think anyone survived...even after leaving the warehouse. The Trust in control of everything...there is no escape. There are no radios in the Trust lab, and these things were happening while Ford was making his way to the conduit in Union Station.

Also, transmission of note that I want to mention. The emergency broadcast system mentions a "jade emperor" that also goes by the name "Qin Shi Huang" who is, if I remember correctly, the deity in Chinese Taoist mythology that is the ruler of heaven and the bringer of light. He is dubbed a "terrorist" by the EBS. Something tells me he might have been imprisoned by the government under advisories from the Trust. He might be another Anunaki in human guise like Adams that is on Prometheus' side. After all...Prometheus was dubbed a terrorist. A part of the next game takes place in China yes?
#10MrFigsworth(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2010 1:11:10 PM
as far as the numbers thing goes, its not just radio either. have you ever been in a building and they call out a bunch of seemingly random numbers? i work in a place that does this occasionally , and no one is really sure why. my theory? i think its possibly for security reasons. basically to identify a person of threat, the place, and the activity without alerting the actual person of threat, as well as keeping it quite from the people so no one will freak out lol. thats my worse case scenario theory though, and it could also be used for something as innocent as periodic testing of the intercom/communications system. who knows lol

Yes, I've heard that reasoning before, even tried to apply it...but it never seems to work. The thing is that's just a theory, and someone making that transmission could be relying on you to think that. Even Mr. Ford might be like "WTF" and ignore it. In the game it could be codes sent to Trust agents still operating in the shadows. Or it could be Prometheus trying to reach out to people. In the real world? No one knows at all what these transmissions meant. Some think its a dead man switch in a bunker that would go silent if hit by a nuke. These things could mean anything, and they could mean absolutely nothing. Its the fact that they were recorded to interfere with normal bands, or just spring up on static filled ones that unnerves me. When no one can really say what they are and just theorize, its exactly what is going on in the Conduit. Several radio talking heads mention their stations getting hijacked or codes, and for people to write down what is said, then send it to OFFICIAL AUTHORITIES. Why?

The Conduit gave us answers, but only made it so we had five thousand more questions as to what was going on. I've read the entire cryptopedia, but even though that provided me with more detail...I'm still in the dark on more things than I was before. Prometheus, may seem trustworthy, but is he really? As Ford, we trust him, but looking at all the information laying around the environment...who can you really *hiss of static* hmm?