Just one thing that worries me...

#1shadow-stormerPosted 7/1/2010 6:41:58 PM
What worries me is their new hacking boot system, is the fact that even though it will flag and boot hackers, it is possibile for them to essentially find a way around it, and turn the detection program against normal players to the extent of them being able to flag others, essentially booting them.

Now im not saying this will happen, but it just concerns me at the very moment since almost anything is possibile. I see HVS competent to be able to perfect the anti-hacking system to the point it will not happen, but it worries me for the time being. For all we know, whos to say it happens and they have the ability to patch it? Just a bunch of "what ifs".

Your thoughts?

---
MWR: Friend Code: 243267789537
#2CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/1/2010 6:48:32 PM
"it is possibile for them to essentially find a way around it, and turn the detection program against normal players to the extent of them being able to flag others, essentially booting them."

Thats totally possible, BUT hacking, especially something as complicated as that, is a lot of work.
hackers don't want to work, that's why they hack.
The only extensive hacks like that I've heard of have been community projects and the likes.

Basically, if its not easy to hack and get gratification right away, then people will be less inclined to do it.
So the hacks that people attempt are probably just going to be really simple things like invincibility, or unlimited ammo, etc.
Probably things that are cheats in single player.
#37Nobody5Posted 7/1/2010 6:52:43 PM
hackers will eventually find a way in. However they may not be as devastating and down right annoying as the previous game. they may not be able to wreck matches and ruin the entire game for players.
#47Nobody5Posted 7/1/2010 6:53:46 PM
^ that is IF they find a way in
#5toa1995Posted 7/1/2010 7:24:49 PM
do you think they will just kick people hacking in game or people that have stuff like homebrew on the wii itself?
---
Gamers dont die......
they just respawn!
#6Valdimir_DregaPosted 7/1/2010 11:25:28 PM
Tony did say, back when the game's existence was announced, that HBC users should be very careful when turning on C2. Not sure what that means, exactly, but we can at least be sure that it'll be on the lookout for HBC users that exploit the system.
---
Uncharted 2 Machinima Voice Actor. Currently playing Sully and Lazarevic. Add me on PSN if you want to get involved: Geo_Chronic.
#7nintendomaniacPosted 7/1/2010 11:31:37 PM
Though there are HBC users that don't exploit... I myself just love me some Brawl minus.

Also of note, a lot of times the people that ruin things (like pirates and hackers) usually didn't do the majority of the work, they mostly just piggyback on work already done by the homebrew-hackers. This is the same reason the PS3 wasn't really cracked - the homebrewers had Linux for homebrew, so they had no need to hack the system, and therefore pirates and cheaters couldn't "get in".
---
Wii Code: 8374-5612-2233-9267