I believe I have a solution to this "lock-on" situation...

#1Neo-ganonPosted 7/2/2010 11:30:19 PM

maybe they can make it so that specific weapons (like the shieker or the rocker launcher) have lock-on. it makes sense, shriekers are supposed to home-in on enemies and the rockets are smart-missiles.

#2MrFigsworthPosted 7/2/2010 11:48:26 PM
YOU!!! GO TO THE "OFFICIAL LOCK-ON THREAD" NOW!!! RAWR! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/55381483

!!!!!!!!!
#3UltimateFlame13Posted 7/3/2010 12:00:14 AM
ehhh if anything I'd rather not have it on the shrieker. Being able to manually curve the shots gets less cool if you have lock-on helping you :\. Lock-on on the SMAW seems kinda overpowered/cheap too since its a 1 hit kill. I like what you're thinking though, but if I could make one change to it I think it should be on trust weapons. It makes a bit more sense seeing as they are more advanced in tech. The trust weapons aren't really the most powerful guns in the game either other than the deatomizers charged 1 hit kill. If they were to do something like that though I think the trust weapons would have to be kept slightly weaker than the other guns since they have lock-on capabilities and would tend to be a bit more accurate.
---
Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been -Albert Einstein
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ V
#4The_ShaderPosted 7/3/2010 12:12:02 AM
*Bashes my head into a brick wall until i find some coins*
---
Sparkster returns after 16 years in..... "Rocket Knight"
My Alias for Conduit= "Shader" Monster Hunter Tri= "Deimos"
#5DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/3/2010 6:48:03 AM
Not a bad idea, but then there'd be the issue of weapon balance, and weapons either needing to really suck to have lock-on on them, or they'd just be broken. On top of that, there would still be the issue of people who want to play games where no one can use lock-on weapons, and the fact that the nerfed versions of the weapons could be quite boring to use, eliminating unique weapon styles from being useful or fun.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.