Are achievements going to be taken seriously this time?

#1Fluxy1223Posted 7/3/2010 8:42:55 PM
In the last game, they weren't creative, you weren't notified right when you received one, and when you were notified, you didn't know what you received it for. So I would like to know if they are going to be taken seriously and be more like PS360 games when something pops up on the screen and tell you what it is and you can find out why you got it right away.
---
I think too much, and not in a smart way.....
#2N64FTWxDPosted 7/3/2010 8:44:01 PM
I mainly just want more variety and to be notified what I get it for not just. "You got an achievement!"
#3Kirby_Pwns_AllPosted 7/3/2010 11:39:24 PM
I don't know how/when you'll be notifiied, but in one of the early interviews, it was said that when you hit someone's helmet off, it stays on the ground for four seconds, and if you hit it again, the timer resets. Then (to the point of the story) Josh Olsen (I think?) said "Actually, maybe we can make that an achievement. It's the little things..." ANYWAY, all that means to say that I think the achievements will be more creative this time around.
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/4/2010 1:03:51 AM
I hope so. I love pointless arbitrary tasks to complete while blasting alien scum, and menial rewards for completing them.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5naruto3336Posted 7/4/2010 6:27:15 PM

I don't want it to be called "Achievement". It sounds like it is trying to be something that other console owners already have. Even if it is the same thing, I just want it to be called something else to make it unique to Wii owners.

#6ddd87Posted 7/4/2010 6:49:12 PM
^ Well, Metroid Prime called them Credits, in SSBM/B they are part of the unlock system (Challenges).
#7naruto3336Posted 7/4/2010 7:26:19 PM

Yeah. It really doesn't matter what they are called. As long as it is unique, makes sense and not "Achievements" or "Trophies".

#8coolman229Posted 7/4/2010 8:51:46 PM
Doritos.
---
We're glad we won you over to the fight for the earth. I support Daos!!
Currently playing: Cave Story, Majora's Mask (VC), Brawl (still), Mega Man 9, Okami
#9SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 7/5/2010 9:22:28 AM

Doritos.

Cheese from Perfect Dark needs to return as Doritos / Orange Soda in Conduit 2.
---
.: Putting the laughter back in "slaughter" :.
.: The best thing you never knew you didn't want. (>^.(>O_O)> :.