Classic Controller or Gamecube Controller Support?

#21SmallerRidleyPosted 7/5/2010 10:14:38 PM
Possible, but not worth it.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.
#22ddd87Posted 7/6/2010 4:45:59 AM
Larger target audience is not worth?
#23VermineaterPosted 7/6/2010 5:34:09 AM

Jesus christ, go get a ****ing 360 for heavens sake.
The whole reason to buy the ****ing Wii was the damn motion controls!

Yeah, it couldn't have anything to do with wanting to play Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. >_>;

In general motion controls still feel tacked on in many games. I do like the pointing at the screen stuff, but I also approve of having options on how you want to play! =D
---
VE - http://www.formspring.me/Vermineater
Now Playing: Pokemon: HeartGold, UT2K4, stuff
#24DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/6/2010 11:54:39 AM
Dual analogue controls would be broken and nonfunctional. They wouldn't get much of a boost in their target audience.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#25UltimateFlame13Posted 7/6/2010 12:02:02 PM

Larger target audience is not worth?

It's a minimal benefit at the cost of quite a bit of time. They'd have to program all of the control options to work with the gamecube/CC+, they'd have to come up with the most effective way to set up a way to control the motion based stuff on the other controls, and they would have to make sure its completely glitch free. All this time that they spend doing this is just taking away from polishing and improving the more important parts of the game. All for what? It's not going to be a more efficient way to control the game. In fact its going to be a huge step back. The only people that would get some use out of it are the ones who absolutely refuse to use a wiimote at all, and if that's the case...why are they buying a wii fps?
---
Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been -Albert Einstein
Wanting: Golden Sun DD, Conduit 2, Starcraft 2, Civ V
#26ddd87Posted 7/6/2010 1:26:15 PM
@ dark

They would be fully functional, as long as these controls lacked lock on all button can replace all the motions.

And honestly, gamecube support is the only thing that makes me want to buy goldeneye, as well as why I bought brawl and mario kart.
#27VermineaterPosted 7/6/2010 2:12:27 PM
Good reason to buy Wii FPS, but want gc/cc support: Already have gc/cc, but not a 360/ps3. And don't have $360 laying around to buy such stuff.

Seriously, there's nothing wrong with wanting it, but your reasons against including it are good (potential glitches, tons of dev time).
---
VE - http://www.formspring.me/Vermineater
Now Playing: Pokemon: HeartGold, UT2K4, stuff
#28DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/6/2010 4:27:20 PM
No, they would be broken and nonfunctional.

Also, there's GameCube FPS out there. I recommend the TimeSplitters games.
---
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#29LigersRulePosted 7/6/2010 4:35:41 PM
You know, Tony, you really don't have to answer these things anymore. You've already answered them a million times, and most of the board vets know the answer. Of course, if you want to answer, then you are free too.... But we got your back.
---
"There are two things that are infinite; The Universe and the stupidity of human beings. I'm not sure about the first." -Albert Einstein
#30ddd87Posted 7/6/2010 4:55:40 PM
YES THEY WOULD WORK! You just cant see it because ure uncapable of thinking on it.

A: Shoot
B: Jump
Y: Grenade
X: Melee
-: Pause
+: Scores
Dpad : the same as C1
CL: Crouch/Sprint
CR: Weapon calibration (either tap or hold)
ZL: Reload
ZR: ASE

There is. All buttons are interchangeable.

Probably I will give up the GCN, but the CC is completely 100% fully posible